1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is rooting my HTC EVO 4G worth it?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ToriAnn77, Jan 18, 2011.

1. ToriAnn77

ToriAnn77 New Member

So I'm debating Rooting my phone. But Idk what are the pros and cons? How customizable is it and how would I b able to customize it? Also how easy would it b to unroot? Anything would help thanks!
  2. wseyller

wseyller New Member

Well root basically allows you to have superuser access to the linux based operating system on your phone. It allows operations that need root access.

For examples of uses:

Overclocking the processor on the phone.

Custom recovery screen the phone can boot into.

Some file managers with root privileges can access and modify area that are normally locked.

Some backup software can access locked areas.

Install custom roms that could alter the look and add additions features to the phone.

Have more control over what apps can be installed on the sdcard instead of the internal memory.

------------------------------------------

In addition if the phone has an unlocked boot loader you can change the kernal which is what the boot loader executes to start the android os. The kernal is a major underlying part of the os. Benefits of changing the kernel could allow more options in overclocking or better options that decide how certain hardware works with special applications. For example not all kernels allow wireless tethering to work fully. It all depends on the model of the phone. Don't quote me on this but I do believe your phone model does have an unlock bootloader. I do know it can be rooted with no problems.
Search tags for this page
benefits of rooting my htc evo 4g
benefits to rooting htc evo 4g
evo 4g
htc evo root pros and cons
htc evo rooting pros and cons
is rooting my htc evo worth it ?
pros and cins rootting htc evo 4g
pros and cons of rooting an evo

pros and cons of rooting htc evo

pros and cons of rooting htc evo 4g

pros and cons rooting htc evo