Is rooting for old or cheap phones?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ajarnfalang, Sep 8, 2013.

1. newbroot83

newbroot83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Rooting and flashing doesnt always void your warranty. Technically it only voids it if the problem was caused by rooting or if you get caught. :D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

• Like Like x 2
  2. newbroot83

newbroot83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Ive always rooted my phones. My last phone was a razr maxx. It was rooted and running a custom rom. I busted the screen on it. It wasn't caused by root and they didnt freak lol. But no one sends their phone back rooted and rom'd unless they actually did screw up their phones by rooting. My note 2 was rooted and unlocked with the flash count showing one. Now its all stock again. No root and flash count zero.

3. ajarnfalang

ajarnfalang Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Sounds like an easy way to brick a phone.

4. newbroot83

newbroot83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    It can be if you stupidly do things blindly. But it can also have more rewards. With no risk there is no reward. Research and research some more before doing anything. Itll be fine.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bkdodger

bkdodger Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +7,494
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 10+
    No more than you dropping it in a pool of water by accident...knowledge my friend is everything. ..development community is incredible ..

N2 tap'd HD

• Like Like x 4
  6. ajarnfalang

ajarnfalang Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Ever heard of Erica the technology need who likes to film stuff?

She's very knowledgable. Watch one or 2 of her videos before making comments.

She bricked her SIII. Watch her S3 videos she mistakenly clicked on the wrong file because they were on top of each other. Ended up installing the one for a Note 2. She killed the phone.

7. newbroot83

newbroot83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Which means she wasnt paying attention. You should never do anything blindly. And its pretty hard to hard brick one. Send a link a let us see what happened.

• Like Like x 3
  8. ajarnfalang

ajarnfalang Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Not really. She's probably more tech savvy than you. Could happen to anyone.

9. newbroot83

newbroot83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Lmao let's have a grade school argument. You have nothing to base your statement on making it foolish. I asked for a link. You shouldnt throw random accusations out when you yourself have no knowledge of the platform. You make yourself sound moronic. We are trying to help you and yet you insult us. So lets try again. May I have the link

And yes it could happen. But thats why you pay attention and double check before doing anything.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ajarnfalang

ajarnfalang Member

Ratings:
    +6
    A link? YouTube.com

That's it. Type Erica technology nerd.

You can hear the story there.

But yes. It could happen to anyone.

Also, it requires tech knowledge to be installing custom software that the people who made the phone never approved to be installed there.

So; there's always risk even if you install the correct Rom.

But the regular user doesn't even know what we're talking about. Phones should come out of the box and work. I guess that's why so many choose the iPhone.

11. newbroot83

newbroot83 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    Lmao. Oh you mean software I run on all my other phones?

There are multiple videos for her or I wouldnt ask for a specific link. Obviously you are a genious.

And phones do work right out of the box. You however seem to be dissatisfied with that so here we are talking out of your league about roms.

And finally, I would love to see the statitics showing that people use iphones because they work out of the box and androids dont.

This whole conversation is frivolous.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mike.757

Mike.757 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +488

I am reading this thread with my jaw open. Ajarnfalang, NOBODY is telling you that you have to use a ROM or that ROMs are for everybody. Some people do use the phone out of the box and never touch the software. Some people are addicted to flashing a new ROM every day. I don't worry about somebody else bricking their phone. I only worry about mine and I do it from time to time because I feel comfortable knowing that there are people here that can help me when I screw up.

If you don't want to flash a ROM, GOOD FOR YOU!! That is what this forum is all about: people's freedom to do what they want with their own phones. But please don't try to tell me how bad it is for me. I know because I have taken the time to learn about rooting and have bricked my phone on several occasions and have learned from each and every experience. But, with the help of people on this FANTASTIC website, I have recovered from every one of them and have been better for it!

• Like Like x 5