is rooting droid 2 worth it? i heard its not fully broke

xythil

Reaction score
is the droid 2 not fully broke ?

can i get wireless tether no prob?

want a droid

Reaction score
You can easily root the droid 2. While there are not as many advantages to rooting a droid 2 compared to the original droid, you can still do root-specific things such as:

-wireless tether
-load roms
-load themes

The bootloader is locked, so essentially it is not "broke."

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
You can easily root the droid 2. While there are not as many advantages to rooting a droid 2 compared to the original droid, you can still do root-specific things such as:

-wireless tether
-load roms
-load themes

The bootloader is locked, so essentially it is not "broke."

what is bootloader?

and can it get rid of this JUNK malware like blockbuster and make the phone run better?

want a droid

Reaction score
The locked bootloader prevents users from loading custom kernals onto their phones.

You have multiple options with the blur apps. Once rooted you can apps to freeze them or rename them. You can also load roms that have the blur removed.

louy99

Reaction score
What are you looking for in a rooted d2?

Droid2 Fisson 2.5.7

Pixelion

Reaction score
Totally worth it, rooting will require you to hook your D2 up to the computer and run a script that will root it and install a superuser permission app. From there you'll need to download clockwork mod, koush's bootstrap and then you are ready to flash custom ROMs! Even if you brick your D2 there's a factory bootstrap (recovery mode) that you can access before bootup.

Have some fun with it but always have a backup.

harasho

Reaction score
There aren't nearly as many advantages to rooting a d2 as there was with the original Droid. Basically the only major things is loading Roms. So if you are bored with the look, or if you can find a prerelease update rom, by all means give it a go. Droids are pretty hard to perma brick. Once the superuser is installed and everything you are pretty safe. I bricked my original droid at least 5 times and fixed it very easily.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do not recommend rooting the D2 at all unless you are going to root and just keep the ROM you currently have and do not use the bootstraps.

Even then I stopped getting email notifications, so while I won't say don't do it at all I definitely don't think that it's prime time and ready to go the way many make it appear to be.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
I do not recommend rooting the D2 at all unless you are going to root and just keep the ROM you currently have and do not use the bootstraps.

Even then I stopped getting email notifications, so while I won't say don't do it at all I definitely don't think that it's prime time and ready to go the way many make it appear to be.
Um no.

sent from my Liberty infused Droid 2

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Um no.

Your liberty infused D2 crash or something? Seems that you were only able to make a slight response, making it hard to understand.

But that's easy for me to understand that you might be having issues. You see I spend quite a bit of time in this forum and I read a lot of posts. I'm not the only one to experience issues as a result of using the bootstraps/clockwork.

So instead of just correcting me, give me an idea about why you say that. I'm always interested in an alternate point of view.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Um no.

Your liberty infused D2 crash or something? Seems that you were only able to make a slight response, making it hard to understand.

But that's easy for me to understand that you might be having issues. You see I spend quite a bit of time in this forum and I read a lot of posts. I'm not the only one to experience issues as a result of using the bootstraps/clockwork.

So instead of just correcting me, give me an idea about why you say that. I'm always interested in an alternate point of view.
Wow. Your mom not hug you enough or something? It's a forum for cell phones dude. Not the big part of life you're making it out to be.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I had more issues before root then after. Its just a matter of opinion like anything else.

cron666

Reaction score
theres no difference before and after root as far as usage.

idk how these kids r running into problems.

only minor problem was my buttons not lighting up,
it rarely happens, and its only after a reboot when it does.

to fix it, some are able to adjust the screen brightness and they come back.
not me
i have to go into the camera, take a pic, delete it, and whammo, phone buttons light up. idk y that works.
and its on any rom i use. stock, fusion, fission, squidlys, angdroids green and his clean.

so go ahead mr 65 million posts, enlighten us on how unusable your rooted D2 is

:soapbox:

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I didn't just mean root privelages I meant root as in everything that comes with it. My bad.