Is Pandora really slow or just not working for anyone else after updating to 2.2?

akj27

Reaction score
I have the 1.4 version and it'll just load for a long time, and won't play any music even though I have 3g coverage.

russmistro

Reaction score
Me too! I thought maybe it was just pandora but I installed slacker radio and it had the same issue. I am not happy about this.

OP
akj27

akj27

Reaction score
Did you update to 2.2? Because this is happening to my sister as well and she updated to 2.2 just like me.

russmistro

Reaction score
Yea ever since the 2.2 update. And I've already ran into LOADS of other problems. I'm going to verizon to see if I downgrade today.

HamDog

Reaction score
Everything is working perfect for me. Pandora and Slacker work like usual. I'm not rooted and I did the manual update to 2.2 last week.

If you have just received the 2.2 update, wait one day. For some reason, many people, including myself, encountered a very slow Droid after the update. However, after a day, everything was back up to speed. I can only guess it's doing a bunch of stuff in the background (maybe indexing?) and it runs very slow immediately after the update.

My recommendation is to give it a day or two before taking in to Verizon.

Coop1969

Reaction score
I have the 1.4 version and it'll just load for a long time, and won't play any music even though I have 3g coverage.

Yes, my Pandora is acting weird too after the 2.2 OTA update. I've found that I have to start it with the icon (not the widget), back out of it, load it back up, and then it might start playing.

My phone also wasn't ringing yesterday. Calls were coming through, and the screen was waking up, but no sound. A reboot has temporarily fixed it.

The ringer volume also seems lower.

I like 2.2 (handsfree bluetooth is working), but there definitely are some bugs.