Is my used, bargain Droid activate-able??

D-lxzia

Reaction score
Hello all,

Veteren android-ite, Droid noob...

I gambled on a distressed Ebay "parts" Droid out of curiosity. Cracked screen but everything works! don't know how to tell whether it is “Clean”. I’ve got root and the things great.

I hunted down the original owner and he said it was insured, cracked, replaced and “decommissioned”. What do I do? can it be recomissioned?

Also, If it is "clean", can I unlock it and use it on with Sprint or some other?

Thanks D-

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
I think all you can do is call verizon and give them the ESN... they will tell u if they will activate the phone.
Not sure about unlocking it and using on another crrier... dont think so tho

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Also, If it is "clean", can I unlock it and use it on with Sprint or some other?

No, It can be brand new and can't be used on Sprint or other carriers in the US AFAIR....

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Veteren android-ite, Droid noob...

I gambled on a distressed Ebay "parts" Droid out of curiosity. Cracked screen but everything works! don't know how to tell whether it is “Clean”. I’ve got root and the things great.

I hunted down the original owner and he said it was insured, cracked, replaced and “decommissioned”. What do I do? can it be recomissioned?

Thanks D-
The other way to see if it can be activated, is to activate it from Cell Phones, 3G Smartphones, Mobile Service and Cell Phone Plans - Verizon Wireless and from in your account, activate the device using it's ESN/MEID number. Or, call *611 from another phone or 800-922-0204 and have CS activate it for you.

OP
D-lxzia

D-lxzia

Reaction score
It's clean!

Thanks much guys,
I called them up and it’s apparently clear!!! (This minuet anyway) Such a cool phone.
So you can’t unlock it and run it on other CDMA carriers eh. I’ve heard sprint has better coverage, better features, better customer service. (tell me I'm Wrong)

I’ve also heard of a a number of people unlocking GSM milestone Droids and using them with ATT.

Anyway, thanks again for all your input.

D-

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I’ve heard sprint has better coverage, better features, better customer service. (tell me I'm Wrong)

Oh, That is So Wrong.......

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Ridley

Reaction score
If you have any trouble, let me know, I'll give you a good deal on my used droid with a cracked screen.

droid1.jpg

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you have any trouble, let me know, I'll give you a good deal on my used droid with a cracked screen.

Bah, I can make one of those in my driveway anytime I want :D

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

droid1.jpg

OUCH - dude that sucks....what is the story behind it? I'd still be crying...LOL

sheltonfilms

Reaction score
I've talked to a guy at a cell phone repair shop that has a Droid, and he somehow had it working on US Cellular's Network. He said something about doing something to it using a PC with Linux.

OP
D-lxzia

D-lxzia

Reaction score
I’m not getting many notifications from this forum, missed a lot of banter here. As far as cell carriers, I guess everyone either hates or loves there own, life goes on. My only beef with Verizon is how locked in the phones and their are, it would make me feel claustrophobic.

Thanks for all the replies.

Regards, D_