1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is my sd card reader in my droid shot?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bdolan92, Aug 24, 2010.

1. bdolan92

bdolan92 New Member

it seems that every time i root my phone and flash over sp recovery or clockwork my sd card never mounts. even when i run it straight from rom manger . i always get the message that it was unable to mount sd card. and then the phone reboots due to this. but when im not rooted and im running stock 2.2 or whatever the sd card reader seems to work. has anyone else had this problem or know of any solution. thank you.
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I've had that problem twice and I reformatted the sdcard and that solve the problem. I did the reformat on the PC and I did read that it's important to not apply a name to the card.
  3. bdolan92

bdolan92 New Member

How do I reformat the sd card? I've never had this problem before.
  4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

If I recall, you mount it to the PC, right click it and select properties. Under that menu in Tools (?) maybe, there is a format option. Select it after you double and triple check that you are actually on the sdcard and the click format. As I said I do recall that it is very import to not apply a name when it asks. Leave the name field empty.

Good luck.