Is my sd card bad?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by scott craft, Sep 8, 2010.

1. scott craft

scott craft Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I am continually having problems with my sd card when trying to flash new roms and kernels. I get a lot of errors that say something about not finding update.zip and sd card not mounted. I used to only get that when my battery was around 50%, but now it happens even with a fully charged battery. It is getting very difficult to add new stuff. Monday I copied everything from the sd card to my computer, formatted the card and put everything back on it. Is there anything else I can try?

2. Krooked247

Krooked247 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Was having the same proplems on my phone.
    I would always get nandroid errors and it would say things like unable to mount and installation aborted.
    I wasn't able to flash any roms or kernals.
    Thought that it had to be anything but my sd card since it was brand new and came with the phone.
    Tried formatting it through the phone and on computer and it would maybe work 1 outta 10 times.

I switched to a different 8gb sd card from my old LG Dare and I haven't had a problem since.
    So needless to say I THINK its your sd card even if it seems fine and works with everything else. Don't know what it was about with the card that came with my phone but it just wouldn't work.
    Changing the SD card fixed this problem for me and is what I would try if I were you.

3. scott craft

scott craft Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Well, the problem wasn't my sd card, it was me. Somehow when I copied the files from the card back and forth from the card to the computer and back, I messed the files up. I had to reload some of the things I was trying to flash and was successful in flashing a new kernel. Next time I format my card I will do it differently.

4. Krooked247

Krooked247 Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Well thats better than needing a new card definitly... glad it's working for you now.
    I tried EVERYTHING when I was in your sitiuation only the new sd card worked.

5. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I get those same errors in Clockwork Recovery. They only happen when using ROM Manager to initiate an install or backup - when I boot into recovery and initiate them through the menus, everything works fine. The card also works fine when booting normally.

If you have a 32 GB or a slow SD card (or both), that could be the issue. I think clockwork doesn't wait long enough for the SD card to mount when it does the automatic installs. Somebody claimed that going into recovery and hitting "clear cache" would help - for me it helped for a while, but I've had the problem happen again since then.

6. katndog

katndog New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when I click files then phone files, I get 'Memory card is missing. Insert memory card to read files. DUH.. the card is in.. it's not making any sense.

Search tags for this page

droid bad sd card

preparing sd card photos gone
s4 says my sd card is gone