Is my phone bricked?!?!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by tiffwatson7, Dec 9, 2010.

1. tiffwatson7

tiffwatson7 New Member

So I just rooted the phone, and got bugless beast through rom manager. After it did the instalation of bugless beast, it rebooted and I got excited when I saw the new red eye that the custom rom gave me! That excitement only lasted a few seconds, because then I realized it was showing the droid logo, then the red eye (which then sort of froze), and then it would show the droid logo and red eye all over again, over and over. It won't go past this or even get to the lock screen. Is it bricked? If so, what do I do? I need my phone, please help!
  2. tiffwatson7

tiffwatson7 New Member

I pressed x in order to get into the clockworkmod recovery, and pressed reboot now, and that doesn't work. I'm not sure what the other options do so I didn't want to press them. These are the other options.. (apply sdcard:update.zip, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition, install zip rom sdcard, nandroid, partitions menu, advanced)
  3. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

try doing the wipe data and the wipe cache options, anytime you flash a new Rom unless told not to, you should wipe data and cache, try those things and report back.
  4. bthomp21

bthomp21 New Member

bricked means basically what is sounds like, your phone is as good as a brick..dead...nada. so no its not.

something went wrong, just do what onetender said.
  5. skatingrocker17

skatingrocker17 New Member

No your phones not bricked. Even if it was you can fix it sometimes.
  6. tiffwatson7

tiffwatson7 New Member

Wow, thanks! I am at least able to get into the phone! Now I think when I went through the process it asked me to restore all my data, but now that I had to clear data everything is gone. But it does have that superuser app (what exactly is that? lol).

I'm really new to this rooting thing (as you can probably guess!). Is there a way to get all my data back if it was restored, or since everything is gone now, does that mean I can't get everything back?
  7. bthomp21

bthomp21 New Member

superuser means complete access to your phone. like you know how windows needs administrator to install some stuff, its basically that.
  8. OneTenderRebel

Your apps and stuff should sync back, if by chance they don't, go to the market and go to the market download section, they should all be there. Your contacts should also sync back. Now that you are rooted you will want to get an app like mybackup pro or titanium backup pro so you can restore data anytime you flash a new rom.
  9. tiffwatson7

tiffwatson7 New Member

Only the one app that I purchased (and didn't download free) is still there. Everything else is gone =[. So, I'm pretty much screwed n have to get everything back, huh? lol at least I can get a backup thing now =/
  10. OneTenderRebel

give it some time the free apps may sync back. But from now on it will be much easier. I generally back up my apps once a week just to keep the data up to date in the backups.
  11. tiffwatson7

tiffwatson7 New Member

Ok so just backup periodically to one of the backup apps you told me to download? Also, why update to different roms in the future; what does that do?
  12. OneTenderRebel

Yep, just download one of those apps and backup apps and data.

Dev's like to update their Rom's to include new features and things like that. We have an incredible group of dev's here and they all do excellent work and update their rom's frequently to ensure they run the best they possibly can.
  13. tiffwatson7

tiffwatson7 New Member

THANK YOU!! I've got to say, you've been the nicest and most helpful person I have ever come across on any forum of any kind. Normally people are pretty damn rude if you don't appear to have the same tech savvy as them. If I have anymore questions I surely hope you'll find my thread haha!
  14. OneTenderRebel

haha this forum is unlike any I have been a part of. I am just trying to payback all the help other people have given me here. You will truly find the most helpful people here. Everyone here is treated with respect regardless of how much knowledge you have on the subject. Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to. If I can't answer it, there will be someone who can I am sure.
  15. NewDroidOrder

NewDroidOrder New Member

Make sure that when you do get all of your apps back and everything how you like it download Titanium Backup. This will be your new bestfriend when you are in this cool rooting and custom ROM scene. A word of advice that I feel needs to be said before giving this a shot is when you do a "batch" then "restore" make sure that you DO NOT RESTORE ANY SYSTEM DATA! If you do this chances are things from whatever ROM you backed up on will then show through on the 'new' ROM that you are on and cause you nothing but major trouble and you will just end up having to wipe data/cache and give it another shot.

So, what you do when you come back from a fresh install (wiping data/cache) is go to the market, download Titanium Backup, and the airplane mode. There is no need for the market to be downloading all the apps without any of your saved information because you will just be restoring them and their data (when you made your backup, so its good to keep you backups current, I always do one before I know that I am going to be performing a wipe) and it will slow your phone way down.

There is always help to be had :)