Is my phone a lemon or are all these problems normal?

sparkynutz

Reaction score
I have had my Droid incredible a little over a month now and the last two weeks or so its been acting up like crazy.

Problem #1

my stock internet browser wouldnt load any webpages over 3g or wifi.

neither worked and it would just sit there and do nothing forever. I downloaded a different browser which still didnt work, rebooted phone repeatedly. only thing that worked was pulling the battery.

that was two weeks ago, has been not loading pages on and off since but if I close browser a couple times then they start to work again for a couple minutes.

Problem #2

Similar to problem #1 I can be right in the middle of watching a video on youtube or other site and it will just stop playing. I cant reload, go back or home. none of the buttons will work except the off button. I go back and try video again a couple times with cyling power button before it starts to work and half the time it will only play the first 30 sec or so of any video.

Problem #3

My camera acts up randomly

once in a while I'll try and take a picture and it will just close the second I hit ok (take picture button) happens in video mode too

it will happen a couple times in a row and usually turning phone completely off is only way to get it working normally again.

Problem #4

many times when i click a website where you can type something the keyboard just wont pop up. i can tap all day long and nothing. it will allow me to paste or move screen around but wont allow me to type.

I think this is a browser problem but I dont know.

I tried dolphin browser but I cant stand it. I wish firefox was available.

Problem #5

when I try clicking an internet link it will turn green and act like its going to open but does nothing. I can do it many times with only way to get it to work is reload the page or hold it and hit open open in new window.

Problem #6

sometimes when i resize a website and I tap a link it turns green next to or below the link instead of where I tapped. sometimes opening the wrong link or not working at all.

Problem #7

Craigslist has a huge white box that shows accross the page and blocks 1/4 of the screen. only way to see whats behind it is to resize screen. I cant type in the box or move it. no idea why its even there.

Problem #8

Quadhunter.com website has a large banner ad at the bottom of the site that covers 1/4 of the screen on my phone. If I search for atv's i can scroll through the list but no matter what cant see the bottom 5 or so atv's because they are blocked by the banner. I dont know what to do about this other than look on my home computer instead.

If anybody has any ideas on what is causing these problems or what I can do about them please chime in.

thanks much,

Ryan

Bowtie

Reaction score
Try installing SkyFire and see if the browser issues continue. I use it with no issues and can go on any of the quading forums that I am a member of.

If that doesn't work, do a factory reset and reload the phone and see if it goes away.

Zahoor

Reaction score
Ummm wow..r u sure this is a droid? Hahah ;)..I think u should call and get a replacement because these r some major problems

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Another option other than just getting a replacement, if you're up to it, perhaps look for the Android sbf and reflash the OS. Be sure to back up important data first as flashing an sbf will factory reset the OS. Verizon flashes an sbf to fix bricked phones but be sure to read up on flashing an sbf as it's not something that should be done lightly. I've done it to my Moto Droid once without any problems. For the Motorola Droid it just required RSD Lite and the sbf of which ever version of Android you're running; Android 2.1 is the most current official release.