Is Motorola working on an update to fix ics battery for RAZR?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I answered my own question about the kernel. My screen percentage is less, so other stuff is more.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Sweet will post them. You rooted or stock btw?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rooted, .215 ICS, no ROM.

Holy nuclear meltdown Batman, what are you running to get that kind of screen time?

Also i want to know that ^^^

Lmao, nothing special...only do the basic battery saver stuff. Was not always like this. Use to only get about 15 hours. Took some fdr's, meter training, trial & error to get it up there.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
OK at 56% posting screenshots
a6f80815-7b81-b514.jpg

a6f80815-7b8b-fb73.jpg
a6f80815-7b94-5895.jpg

a6f80815-7b9d-4f1a.jpg

Not the battery life I should get hopefully a fix

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The fact that it has improved dramatically, is very encouraging to me. You have over 50% left with 10 hours use compared to 2-3 hours before. That is a huge increase on your first cycle after meter training and tweeking settings.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Yea but how do iget it like yours? 16hour on 5 hour screen at 60%? How can I get mine better.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Lmao, nothing special...only do the basic battery saver stuff. Was not always like this. Use to only get about 15 hours. Took some fdr's, meter training, trial & error to get it up there.

See my earlier post ^^^. I used to only get about 15 hours with less on screen time. It took me time to get my battery to get up to where it is now... just by trying different things, seeing what was using the battery then tweaking settings, etc. You are potentially going to get over 20 hours on this battery cycle. I was thrilled when I finally got 20 hours. Even now, depending on what I am doing with my phone... tethering, lots of web access, on 4g or 3g a lot, etc... I know to expect only 24 hours or less and sometimes only 16 hours because I have done more intensive stuff on my phone (or forgot to toggle something off). What you have right now is good and promising.... at least by what I would expect from my Maxx.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
thrgk, there is no way to compare one user's battery profile with another unless both users are traveling together, hitting the same cellular towers at the same times and from the same locations, making the same phone calls for the same duration, have their screens on at the same time, and off at the same time, both users are visiting the same websites, viewing the same videos, playing the same music, taking and viewing the same pictures and videos, have the same email accounts on the same servers, and are receiving and sending the exact same emails, texts, SMSs, MMSs, transferred the same files at the same time, both users bought the same phone at the same time, and both phones rolled off the assembly line at the same time...and even then, there are differences in the internal resistances of the various board components, each battery is as unique as your DNA, and there is essentially NOTHING that is 100% duplicate of something else.

In short...Your Results May Vary (YRMV). That said, you can get your phone to it's own personal best, but it will never be the same as my phone's personal best, nor Tis', nor Josh's nor Matty's, nor Sydman's, nor ANYONE else's. Take ANY two identical and brand new cars off the assembly line and put the same amount of gas in both, then hand the keys to two complete strangers, and tell them to drive until they run out of gas. You will wind up with two different distances, two different times till empty, and two different wear patterns on the tires, two different maximum speeds, two different average speeds, two different thicknesses of brake pads, two different colors of oil in the crank cases, two different colors of oil in the transmissions, etc. Same cars, same amount of gas, but two different users, spells different results.

Do the same experiment but this time hand the keys to the same person both times, and tell that person to duplicate their exact route of travel and speeds, and you will STILL wind up with different values for everything above. EVEN the WEATHER can affect how they will perform. Likewise for the phones, different ambient temperatures will spell different battery conductivity and different internal resistance, different heat dissipation, which will in turn result in different clock speeds for the processors as they speed up when cool and slow down when hot, different software packages, etc. The infinite variables in play can theoretically NEVER converge.

OP
T

thrgk

Reaction score
Yea I guess. Just disappointed. I will try to tweak and see. In the mean time its listed on swappa and overclock.net so if it sells can go nexus and jig battery and see. Thanks so much

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I read that they are working on a general ICS bug fix update.. Dont know wheather the battery issue will be addressed with it.. Droid RAZR MAXX ICS Bug Fix Updates Coming Out in Mid-August

Hmm.wonder what bug there talkin about.hopefully its with flash..the battery fix is easy,jst do .215 n ur good.

I agree with Jaye above. I have .215 running and my phone is at 37% with 32 hours past, with light use. Screen at 1 hour, 35 minutes, calls at 2 hours, 4 minutes, 4G, GPS, WIFI and Bluetooth on for the entire time. I don't see any problems with "batteries" in my Droid RAZR MAXX.

465b1d6a-99c1-92e1.jpg
465b1d6a-99ca-f954.jpg
465b1d6a-99d2-9e00.jpg
465b1d6a-99d9-ac5a.jpg
465b1d6a-99df-3125.jpg
465b1d6a-99f4-6404.jpg
465b1d6a-9a02-44ec.jpg
465b1d6a-9a08-9138.jpg
465b1d6a-9a0e-4859.jpg
465b1d6a-9a25-6673.jpg
465b1d6a-9a2b-1533.jpg

dkev

Reaction score
I just got my Razr a few days ago. First thing I did after updating to ICS was to install Juice Defender and turn off 4G. After 17 hours mine sits at 40%. That'w with moderate use. Today I am leaving 4g enabled to see what, if any, difference it makes. I just have JD set to shut off the data radios when the screen is off and sync email every 15 minutes. This is the standard Razr, by the way not the Max.

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
OK, I haven't read thru the whole thread, but, we've been addressing this same issue/set in the House of Bionic (FXZing and ICS leak flashing) thread to some degree. The way we typically address it is to flash the leak, and immediately FDR and clear cache, then let playstore restore your apps and restore data only from rom toolbox pro (tibu just doesn't seem to play 100% nice with ICS yet). After you finish your restore run the phone until it dies and then let it charge in power off charge mode to 100% to recalibrate. I personally use two smart actions, since I'm not close to reliable wifi while communting and at work I use rule wifi weekday (wifi off 7a to 7p M-F) and rule worknight (kills backgroiund data from 12:00a to 6:00a Sun-Thurs). With a standard bionic battery I leave my house at about 6:20a stream, surf, and text/email about 5 hrs between my train ride and breaks and lunch at work, do not charge all day long, and get home at 6:55p without redzoning my battery. OCed to 1266 Mhz CPU and 384 GPU on GB with both cores active I had to charge as soon as I got to work and after lunch to make sure I had enough battery to get home on. I in fact have only used my P893 once in the time I've been running ICS (since mid June-ish when 2231/2233 leaked, have been running 232 since hours from the time it leaked around 7-1. There's no reason razr's shouldn't see the same benefit from the same process. Oh, and underclock to 1Ghz is not even noticeable unless you're benchmarking (still 2750+ quadrant on the on demand governor) and also saves battery life noticeably. Underclocking is easy as pie with rom toolbox (free or pro), you just swipe left to performance settings (the page is on right and you finger swipe left, is that a right or left swipe?), go to "cpu sliders" and set the max to 1000 Mhz, leave the minimum as is and check "set on boot" and select the "on demand" governor.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
altspeed said:
OK, I haven't read thru the whole thread, but, we've been addressing this same issue/set in the House of Bionic (FXZing and ICS leak flashing) thread to some degree. The way we typically address it is to flash the leak, and immediately FDR and clear cache, then let playstore restore you apps and restore data only from rom toolbox pro (tibu just doesn't seem to play 100% nice with ICS yet). After you finish your restore run the phone until it dies and then let it charge in power off charge mode to 100% to recalibrate. I personally use two samrt actions, since I'm not close to reliable wifi while communting and at work I use rule wifi weekday (wifi off 7a to 7p M-F) and rule worknight (kills backgroiund data from 12:00a to 6:00a Sun-Thurs). With a standard bionic battery I leave my house at about 6:20a stream, surf, and text/email about 5 hrs between my train ride and breaks and lunch at work, do not charge all day long, and get home at 6:55p without redzoning my battery. OCed to 1266 Mhz CPU and 384 GPU on GB I had to charge as soon as I got to work and after lunch to make sure I had enough battery to get home on. I in fact have only used my P893 once in the time I've been running ICS (since mid June-ish when 2231/2233 leaked, have been running 232 since hours from the time it leaked around 7-10. There's no reason razr's shouldn't see the same benefit from the same process.

Except, don't drain your battery till it dies if you want your phone to Remain functional. Only go down to the "connect to your charger warning" (10%) on ics. Then power down and charge to 100%

altspeed

Reaction score
Dallas, Lone Star Republic, North America, Terra
Except, don't drain your battery till it dies if you want your phone to Remain functional. Only go down to the "connect to your charger warning" (10%) on ics. Then power down and charge to 100%

Well, since you guys can't replace your battery with total impunity like we can, I can see that. The cal won't be as good (and the battery will recover from a total discharge as long as you're not flashing when it dies, meaning that if your phone has an OS and the charging software installed all you have to do is wait about 20-30 mins for the power off charge display to come back, even quicker if you daisy chain the ecomoto charger to the P893 to the phone), but you're staying pretty much within that 20%-80% butter zone to maximize your battery life. The bionic has space for the battery to swell/pop off the battery cover instead of the display, and and a replaceable battery.