Is motorola pissing anybody else off?

J

JriderG

People buy phones everyday, not just when the bionic launches. Motorola is trying to have a phone for all the new buyers at all times. I love my Droid X. And my single core CPU is running fine. Samsung and HTC are will drop a better phone between launches anyway. In my opinion, if I ever need a new phone I can count on Motorola having a bad ass phone on the market. BOOYAH.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
My beef is not new hardware, it's lack of new OS support on current/new hardware (Droid 3, Droid X2, etc..). So far only the Droid Bionic and Droid Razr have been announced as getting ICS 4.0 upgrades. What about the Droid 3? It came out mid 2011 but isn't scheduled to receive a late 2011 OS upgrade?

New hardware is nice...but the new(er) features and advancements of the OS are what I'm getting pissed at Motorola about. I have no issues with my Droid 3's hardware specs......except why isn't a "Droid" model phone that was released weeks before the Bionic (which is getting ICS) also announced as a device scheduled to get upgraded to ICS?

spillner

Reaction score
My beef is not new hardware, it's lack of new OS support on current/new hardware (Droid 3, Droid X2, etc..). So far only the Droid Bionic and Droid Razr have been announced as getting ICS 4.0 upgrades. What about the Droid 3? It came out mid 2011 but isn't scheduled to receive a late 2011 OS upgrade?

New hardware is nice...but the new(er) features and advancements of the OS are what I'm getting pissed at Motorola about. I have no issues with my Droid 3's hardware specs......except why isn't a "Droid" model phone that was released weeks before the Bionic (which is getting ICS) also announced as a device scheduled to get upgraded to ICS?

I totally agree with this comment. The D3 should be getting ICS before the end of the year. Its the 3rd installment of the flagship phone that started the Android revolution. I know Moto is trying to push new phones but having the D4 already in the works has me convinced that we will not receive ICS. It makes sense from a money making view to withhold ICS from the D3 so it can be used as the hot new feature for the D4.

Moto has lost a customer

doogald

Reaction score
I totally agree with this comment. The D3 should be getting ICS before the end of the year.

*No* existing GB phones will be getting GB before the end of the year. Moto has confirmed that the Bionic and Razr will both get ICS in 2012, and that within 6 weeks of the Google release of ICS (likely late November) they will announce upgrade plans for other GB phones. That means that they will announce plans for the D3 at some point before about mid-January, probably close to six weeks later than one week later.

I cannot believe that the D3 will *not* get ICS. It has the same processor as the Bionic and Razr, same display at the Bionic. If Moto gets GB out for the DX after the DX2 is released, it's rather logical to think that a phone as powerful as the D3 will get ICS.

That said, there is nothing wrong with GB on the D3. ICS adds very little that the D3 with GB already has. The only major things that I can think of are better voice processing and hardware acceleration (which will be great). Everything else is either stock Android that a Moto phone will not see (the launcher, the camera) or minor improvements.

sataniceaden

Reaction score
i agree with doogald
we should see ICS by feb march on the d3
however what a disjointed me a little is that we still do not have the latest update to GB 2.3.5 this has been around from late october this is quite disappointing considering its already rolled out to the atrix and a few other moto phones what shocked me is that samsung has rolled it to all of its gb capable phones at the start of oct
i love the D3 the hardware is good just shame moto/VZW taking a long time to give us updates

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with them releasing the D4. Is it kinda soon? Most definitely. Did I want an LTE phone? Yep. Did I want more than 512mb of ram? Of course. Overall the D3 is a good device but I'm getting a Nexus and getting rid of it. I think the problem comes when you're releasing so many phones that you have trouble updating them all. Who do you think is going to get ICS first? RAZR or Bionic? D4 or D3? That my friends is the true problem, at least in my opinion.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk