Is motorola pissing anybody else off?

norcal1900

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love motorola bit then pumping out new phone so quick a star and make me angry. don't get me wrong I love my droid 3 and I don't get 4 g ram at anyway so it doesn't really bother me but that they would announce a new phone 5 months after the droid 3 came out is pretty cheap and that's low class for motorola I might switch over to samsung. I don't know I think I'm just pissed that my phones only 5 months old a new operating systems coming out and I'm wondering if I'm gonna get it. sorry I think this just turned out to be a rant.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Jradish

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love motorola bit then pumping out new phone so quick a star and make me angry. don't get me wrong I love my droid 3 and I don't get 4 g ram at anyway so it doesn't really bother me but that they would announce a new phone 5 months after the droid 3 came out is pretty cheap and that's low class for motorola I might switch over to samsung. I don't know I think I'm just pissed that my phones only 5 months old a new operating systems coming out and I'm wondering if I'm gonna get it. sorry I think this just turned out to be a rant.

Hello my name is Technology, have we met?

Chukee

Reaction score
Go to the iPhone. They update only once a year.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

icicle

Reaction score

it Happens
Just like laptops, and computers, you get top of line one day, and the next they are out dated. it's called life get used to it.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Just imagine how I felt when I bought my D1 only to have the D2 come out less than three weeks later.... BUT I think I'm fine with that because I don't have that * blur on my phone. It's not so much that they piss me off, and it isn't the hot new phone vs. my now crappy old phone... as they continuously disappoint you in one way or another... blur vs. bloat vs. this vs. that. All of the phones they put out now have at least one show stopper for me. I love the D3 keyboard but I hate blur. The D4 will have 4G and a non-removable battery... Bionic is powerful but the bootloader is locked. Leaving off the charging LED ('cause they're cheap) There is always at least one or two stupid little things they do... to quote Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg: "I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!"

Last edited:

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Yeah... I'm just a little..... disappointed. Is all. And since Google owns them now, I mean how ironic is it that they still pump out phones with locked bootloaders! And that my friends is why I am an HTC kinda Guy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Heywood

Reaction score
I must be the only forum member who likes Moto. I've never had a better experience with any other phone manufacturer.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I like Motorola phones.....I just would expect more from them in announcing ICS support for phones released in 2011. Droid Bionic and Droid Razr only so far......there should be quite a few more on that list initially and not possibly coming as afterthoughts.

I like my Droid 3.....however if Motorola doesn't announce ICS support for it in the near future (announced by early spring 2012) it will be my last Motorola phone. Right now it looks like my wife may get my Droid 3 for her renewal and I will get something for myself using hers.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Don't get me entirely wrong, I *mostly* like Moto. I like a lot of the stuff they do. The Galaxy Nexus is a close shot but I hear it's not using Gorilla Glass. That's a problem there... but unlocked bootloader and plain android with no stupid-assed skin. See? They're all alike. They all seem to build in some deficiency. That's why I did not get the D3 when it came out... and I did not get the Bionic when it came out... and it's just as likely that I'll not get the GN when IT comes out. It's just as likely that I'll just keep using (stubbornly) my creaky-n-old D1 until the blue smoke escapes from the chips.

Reaction score
i like my moto as well, but there's definitely something wrong with pumping out a flagship phone, having customers spend big bucks on it, only to release a new one a few months afterwards. Many people buy these phones to have that hot new phone. some buy it purely for that. then to have motorola dash away that for them a few months later.. it's sickening. it's like when i bought my 2008 subaru wrx (first year of the third generation mind you!) with 224 hp, only to have subaru put out a 265 hp wrx THE FOLLOWING YEAR. Talk about a slap to the face. why would you screw over the people who put bread on your table? wheres the customer appreciation? new features based on what customers want is NOT customer appreciation, it's marketing. it's almost like demanding more bread. i have a suspicion (i'm cynical, so it's probably not true) that motorola released the d3 with 3g and only 512 megs of ram (leaves much to be desired) to purposefully skimp the customer and make the d4 seem that much better so more people would be inclined to buy it. hell, they probably planned the d3 around the release of the d4! (rant over) I'm glad my d3 was a replacement for my d2g...

Last edited:

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
No, I loved my D1, my X2, and I kinda like the Bionic.

As Dr. McCoy once said, "medically speaking there's no accounting for taste."

idk5

Reaction score
I must be the only forum member who likes Moto. I've never had a better experience with any other phone manufacturer.

I love Motorola I will never go with anyone else

Swyped at LTE speeds on the Droid Bionic

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
You just have to take a more zen-like approach. Get that hot new phone, gloat to your pals while you can, and then grin and take it when one of them does the same to you! Then, when your next upgrade comes, start the cycle anew. You can't be on the bleeding edge unless you buy new stuff all of the time. Sometimes it'll be the in thing for a few weeks, sometime for a few months. Everyone wants the best, newest, hottest thing... I sure do. But while it's human to get annoyed, you have to just not get too worked up about it. Eventually I'll choose one of these phones in spite of that "one or two little thing(s)" or if my D1 drops dead... and live with it.. and try to enjoy it. I'll have to decide what's more important to me, make a choice, and hope that it "gets the job done" and be happy so long as it really does get the job done.

Last edited: