Is Motorola making the best phones overall?

mokes

Reaction score
The reason I ask is because my wife will be due for a new phone soon. She tends to not see the value in buying a more high end phone and her last pick was the Incredible 2. Not a horrible phone, but everytime she uses my Razr...she's rather jealous, lol.

From what I can tell, most Moto users keep their phones for a long time and seem pretty happy with them and have better luck than other phones. Is this a proper assessment, or am I just biased?

I'm trying to talk my wife into grabbing Moto's next big offering, which is the Fighter? HD? I think? Should be a fine phone either way.

I love my Razr personally. Been a great phone for the last 8 months.

mthorn79

Reaction score
I always seem to come back top Moto, if she can wait a little bit get the HD, it'll have the display close to the iPhone's, if she can't the Razr is pretty cheap through Amazon or of the like

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The best of anything is always subjective. I personally love moto devices... and eagerly await the next moto device.. the vanquish/HD/blade/phone that I desperately want ;) the pic was also taken with a maxx.. so be sure to add it to the count :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Reaction score
The reason I ask is because my wife will be due for a new phone soon. She tends to not see the value in buying a more high end phone and her last pick was the Incredible 2. Not a horrible phone, but everytime she uses my Razr...she's rather jealous, lol.

From what I can tell, most Moto users keep their phones for a long time and seem pretty happy with them and have better luck than other phones. Is this a proper assessment, or am I just biased?

I'm trying to talk my wife into grabbing Moto's next big offering, which is the Fighter? HD? I think? Should be a fine phone either way.

I love my Razr personally. Been a great phone for the last 8 months.

I love my Motorola, but HTC is making awesome phones too. I stay away from Samsung and LG.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I have always had the best luck with moto devices. A V60, V90, Droid, Droid X, Bionic, Razr, and a Razr Maxx. All flawless devices with top quality build and reception. I have had a few LG and Samsung devices and they don't even compare.

Caesars

Reaction score
I can't answer lol i loved my Epic, however i also loved my iPhone...and i love my maxx now ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Motorola is, has been, and will remain the best radio manufacturers. Their phones sound better in comparison to their competition and they hold a call better. Their build quality is also second to none IMHO. Yes, there are better phones out there if you're looking for a higher resolution, or faster access to the most recent software builds, or want an unlocked bootloader, but mash all the pros and cons together & put them in a blender, Motorola still rises to the top.

SC_SWAT

Reaction score
I have always had the best luck with moto devices. A V60, V90, Droid, Droid X, Bionic, Razr, and a Razr Maxx. All flawless devices with top quality build and reception. I have had a few LG and Samsung devices and they don't even compare.

WHOA!!!! the V60!.......I forgot all about that phone......good one......My first motorola was the starTAC!!!!.Everyday my life depends on motorola from the $5600.00 work radios to our cell phones. I'm a big fan, and a loyal customer.

Last edited:

mustangdroid

Reaction score
Not too long ago I said that the RAZR would be my last Moto phone, well I can't see myself with a samsung phone or any other maker. Ever since I got the original RAZR, I knew I could never go to another maker. I'm currently waiting on the new Moto phone and I'm not buying into the GSIII hype. Loyal Moto costumer here.

Grandlvlasl3oy

Reaction score
I wasnt impressed w the rezound or the lucid/spectrum. Samsung and motorola are on top.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I personally like HTC's smartphones.

I too like the HTC phones, and was really close to going HTC for my first Android phone, since I was at that time enamored with the Sense features. I had an HTC XV-6800 Windows based phone right before it, so it was from HTC to the OG Droid (D1), rather than to the DINC. I never looked back. After holding both phones in my hands and feeling the difference in chassis design, and then playing with Sense for a while the initial appeal of Sense took a back seat to the build quality of the OG Droid. Since I have discovered several good "Sense" based Clock/Weather widgets, I now realize all I liked about Sense was the Clock/Weather.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Motorola doesn't have the best screens or cameras. However, their build quality and software stability is by far the best.

nikecar

Reaction score
Grandlvlasl3oy said:
I wasnt impressed w the rezound or the lucid/spectrum. Samsung and motorola are on top.

And I didn't care for coworkers fascinates. Two of them had nothing but problems with theirs. One finally got a maxx as a warranty replacement and the other got an incredible 2.

My sister has a razr and my mom has the maxx and while nice, I hate holding them along with the ui.

nikecar

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
I too like the HTC phones, and was really close to going HTC for my first Android phone, since I was at that time enamored with the Sense features. I had an HTC XV-6800 Windows based phone right before it, so it was from HTC to the OG Droid (D1), rather than to the DINC. I never looked back. After holding both phones in my hands and feeling the difference in chassis design, and then playing with Sense for a while the initial appeal of Sense took a back seat to the build quality of the OG Droid. Since I have discovered several good "Sense" based Clock/Weather widgets, I now realize all I liked about Sense was the Clock/Weather.

I used to like that clock but now it's replaced with one from beautiful. Widgets