Is Motorola making the best phones overall?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by mokes, Jun 25, 2012.

1. mokes

mokes Member

The reason I ask is because my wife will be due for a new phone soon. She tends to not see the value in buying a more high end phone and her last pick was the Incredible 2. Not a horrible phone, but everytime she uses my Razr...she's rather jealous, lol.

From what I can tell, most Moto users keep their phones for a long time and seem pretty happy with them and have better luck than other phones. Is this a proper assessment, or am I just biased?

I'm trying to talk my wife into grabbing Moto's next big offering, which is the Fighter? HD? I think? Should be a fine phone either way.

I love my Razr personally. Been a great phone for the last 8 months.
  2. mthorn79

mthorn79 New Member

I always seem to come back top Moto, if she can wait a little bit get the HD, it'll have the display close to the iPhone's, if she can't the Razr is pretty cheap through Amazon or of the like

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

The best of anything is always subjective. I personally love moto devices... and eagerly await the next moto device.. the vanquish/HD/blade/phone that I desperately want ;) the pic was also taken with a maxx.. so be sure to add it to the count :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  4. MyEntityRemains

MyEntityRemains New Member

I love my Motorola, but HTC is making awesome phones too. I stay away from Samsung and LG.
  5. Garemlin

Garemlin Developer Relations

I have always had the best luck with moto devices. A V60, V90, Droid, Droid X, Bionic, Razr, and a Razr Maxx. All flawless devices with top quality build and reception. I have had a few LG and Samsung devices and they don't even compare.
  6. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

I can't answer lol i loved my Epic, however i also loved my iPhone...and i love my maxx now ;)

7. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Motorola is, has been, and will remain the best radio manufacturers. Their phones sound better in comparison to their competition and they hold a call better. Their build quality is also second to none IMHO. Yes, there are better phones out there if you're looking for a higher resolution, or faster access to the most recent software builds, or want an unlocked bootloader, but mash all the pros and cons together & put them in a blender, Motorola still rises to the top.
  8. SC_SWAT

SC_SWAT New Member

WHOA!!!! the V60!.......I forgot all about that phone......good one......My first motorola was the starTAC!!!!.Everyday my life depends on motorola from the $5600.00 work radios to our cell phones. I'm a big fan, and a loyal customer.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  9. mustangdroid

mustangdroid New Member

Not too long ago I said that the RAZR would be my last Moto phone, well I can't see myself with a samsung phone or any other maker. Ever since I got the original RAZR, I knew I could never go to another maker. I'm currently waiting on the new Moto phone and I'm not buying into the GSIII hype. Loyal Moto costumer here.
  10. nikecar

nikecar New Member

I personally like HTC's smartphones.
  11. Grandlvlasl3oy

Grandlvlasl3oy New Member

I wasnt impressed w the rezound or the lucid/spectrum. Samsung and motorola are on top.
  12. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I too like the HTC phones, and was really close to going HTC for my first Android phone, since I was at that time enamored with the Sense features. I had an HTC XV-6800 Windows based phone right before it, so it was from HTC to the OG Droid (D1), rather than to the DINC. I never looked back. After holding both phones in my hands and feeling the difference in chassis design, and then playing with Sense for a while the initial appeal of Sense took a back seat to the build quality of the OG Droid. Since I have discovered several good "Sense" based Clock/Weather widgets, I now realize all I liked about Sense was the Clock/Weather.
  13. zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie Active Member

Motorola doesn't have the best screens or cameras. However, their build quality and software stability is by far the best.
  14. nikecar

nikecar New Member

And I didn't care for coworkers fascinates. Two of them had nothing but problems with theirs. One finally got a maxx as a warranty replacement and the other got an incredible 2.

My sister has a razr and my mom has the maxx and while nice, I hate holding them along with the ui.
  15. nikecar

nikecar New Member

I used to like that clock but now it's replaced with one from beautiful. Widgets
  16. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Best is always gonna be highly debatable.

I just try to live by the wants n needs aspect. For my wants n needs....Moto phones have always been the best. As for best phone overall.....I feel Motorola phones are better than what some folks make them out to be. Alot of us let our opinions, our own wants n needs get in the way of being objective. Spec wise...I feel Samsung always seems to one up everybody else.

Best = whatever you feel is the best for you. I also agree with FoxKat...if not the top right up there somewhere.
  17. mokes

mokes Member

I agree. I work outside for a living, so I have always stuck with the Casio G'Zone phones. Their 1st offering was by far the best and I kept the Ravine for a while, but it really wasn't the same. The Commando is too far behind the times to make it worthwhile imo.

I do miss taking my phone in the water with me though. I used to wade in lakes and kayak in the Ocean with my Casio all the time. 1st one lasted me 5 years.

HTC phones seem okay. My wife's phone is fairly stable and it does what it's supposed to rather well. Battery life is good too. I don't like Sense very much compared to Blur myself and I feel like the Razr is a lot more user friendly for me. I did have a Thunderbolt for 8 days. I returned it back when the battery life was stupid on those.

My phone is my lifeline to the office and I am constantly on the road. I have found a million and one uses for a smartphone while working. The list is endless.

Moto just seems to be very reliable to me.
  18. JHOOPS2

JHOOPS2 New Member

Not sure about the best overall phone, but definitely the best reception of any I have tried. At my house with my old 4G iphone at best I would have 2 bars on 3G, but usually no signal at all. When it did have signal it was around -115 dBm on a good day while standing on my back deck. I am never without at least 4 bars on 3G with my Droid Razr.
  19. joshxdroid

joshxdroid New Member

I have stuck wirh motorola pretty much since my 310 flip phone followed by 710, razr flip, w755, and finally Droid razr. this line was interrupted 2 years ago by my choosing the lg vortex over the Droid 2 die to price. A choice I came to regret at least somewhat. The vortex served me well. But I missed motorola quality and signal strength.
  20. blake28

blake28 New Member

I will have to admit that I am a Moto fan boy as well. I've been with them since my trusty star tac back in 99' and I haven't found a phone worth switching to. I do like what HTC is doing, but as far as build quality goes, most of there phones are built out of plastic and I just don't feel like I'm holding a quality made phone when I have it in my hand.