Is lte issues a tower thing, sim card thing, or software thing.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have had 6 data data drops since 9:30am. One at 9:53am, 10:06am, 11:32am, 2:51pm, and 3:06pm. The best one though was around 8am while I was driving and using navigation. Best part is, I was on a freeway that has) LTE from one side of the state to another and showed so on the maps. And when it came back on, it was on 3g

jaye712

Reaction score
I thought i was the only one with this issue..iam on this [censored] like donkey kong

Last edited by a moderator:

Droidram56

Reaction score
Called VZW last night. They have referred my call ticket to an engineer who is going to check the network service in my area. They are calling me back in 24-48 hours. I still think it is an OS problem. It should toggle between 4g & 3g without the drops.

ElkhornRich

Reaction score
Network Problem or Sim Card Error

I have an AT&T Galaxy Note and have been experiencing similar issues. I get a note saying 'You have lost data connectivity because you left your home', when I haven't. Closer inspection shows an error message of Network or Sim Card Error. I'm in a weak signal area and recently downloaded ICS. Ironically, my phone shows five complete bars, but only when I'm having the problem.

Droidram56

Reaction score
Thanks, PC747. We'll see if vzw tells me the drops are to be expected when they call back. Their initial take was that it should be switching between 4g and 3g vs. dropping the connection. If it is a matter of the increased demand causing contention and resulting in temporary drops, I fear that network performance could only get worse as more folks upgrade to LTE-capable devices. I hope it is a fixable software deficiency. Some Bionic posters are reporting improvement after installing ICS from the wild.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That is the issue with vzw they are not on the same page info wise. It was until i request to speak to a tier 2 tech that i get someone who knows what is going on.
sent from galaxy nexus running jellybean. Are you running jellybean yet?

Droidram56

Reaction score
I have found that the LTE connection will sometimes start going in and out repeatedly. On 2 occasions I shut the phone off and powered back up and the connection would stabilize for a few hours. Then the drops come back.

spaberlejr

Reaction score
When you all speak of "data drops", do you mean that you lose the 3g/4g indicator at the top of the screen as well? This intermittent problem has been happening since ICS and I must go to settings and turn "data enabled" back on.

jaye712

Reaction score
I lose service completely .its on n off everyday since ics.pretty annoying.needa do a call tickit tho

DROID RAZR/ICS215