Is it worth it to try to get this crushed phone repaired?

TyrantII

Reaction score
I'd be hesitant to repair it, because you're going to spend $100-150 fixing it, and if there is some internal damage that doesn't become apparent until a month or two later... then you just wasted that repair money. Similar to water damage... you can dry out a phone and it functions perfectly, then all of a sudden weeks or months later something gets shorted out. What are the used ones going for in your area?

Thats BS. While it may be the case with water damage, if everything working after a drop / crush, everything will work later. These are SSD devices, and unless something in the phone physically breaks, there should be no internal damage.

Not idea on this phone, but I just today replaced the glass digitizer on my OG Droid myself. It was a PITA towards the end witht he ribbon cables, but I only spent $40 for the glass and tools. You might want to look up how to do it to your phone if your technically inclined. Anyone who's built models as a kid and has steady hands should have the steady hand skills to do it.

Insurance other then renters / homeowners / bought off the net insurance is a scam.

Point being if you had Asurion, and paid them $6 / month, that's $72. Pretty much the same cost to have someone else fix the phone. Over 2 years that $140, which will easily buy you a used replacement that's probably better then their crap, no warranty refurbs.

So don't sweat the no insurance thing.

OP
J

jcb3030

Reaction score
I'm not eligible for an upgrade for another year.

How much should a used Incredible cost nowadays?

Byakushiki

Reaction score
$140 to $240 according to swappa(android). Not too bad.

Sent from my cyanoblurred D2G