is it worth getting a replacement

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by Forcedbyhatred, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Forcedbyhatred

Ratings:
    +0
    well i have had this droid 1 since july. i am a bit fat fingered on the on screen keyboard. its tolerable but when i try to type fast its irritating. although my friends think the mistypes are hilarious. the physical keyboard besides the fact it suck my spacebar has a attitude. it either clicks obnoxiously loud and about 75% of the time you have to push it rather hard to make it work. so there really is no speed in a sense to typing on that keyboard.
    so my question is- do i have a issue that i should call verizon/asurion is it worth it being i have the insurance and the physical keyboard is starting to malfunction already?

2. ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it's worth it to get a replacement. I go by a rule of thumb that if my phone starts doing something it never did before adversely or if something on the phone fails physically. U will prob get another d1 but that's why u pay for the insurance.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Worth is always highly subjective. Read the threads on refurb warranty/insurance replacements and see if it sounds like it's worth it to you.

4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    I don't think you should do it. Entertaining your friends with hilarious mistakes is much more important than some minor inconvenience on your part!!:icon_ banana:

5. cdexsw

cdexsw Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    i agree with both. my droid got a boo-boo a couple of days back. still works fine. am i going to replace it? no. why? a replacement phone (refurb) is not near as good and may have more issues than your humorous typo phone.

rule of thumb: if it ain't broke to the point were it does not work, don't return/replace it.

a refurb phone is like an ex-girlfriend, there is a reason why she's an ex. ;)