is it too late to get a thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.

cttooch

Reaction score
last week on droid life they had verizon's MAP and i saw that the life of the thunderbolt ends on 7/21/11. would it be stupid to buy the thunderbolt now or should i just wait.

dark juggalo

Reaction score
can you find a link to the post...im curious about how my phone will be executed 7/21

seriously...what were they referring to...stopping production or development or just wont sell 'em anymore?

dark juggalo

Reaction score
the map(minimum advertised price) is basicly the prices of the phone for that period of time. so untill 7/21 the price will stay 249 at verizon but thats not to say it will be that much elsewhere

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind waiting, yes, it's possible the TB price will also drop $50 after 7/21.

tl;dr: this is not about the EOL of the TB or anything like that, the link discusses the end of the MAP period for different devices. One of the MAP periods for the Inc2 ended a week ago and the price dropped $50.

edit: as the poster above me states, you can certainly get the TB cheaper elsewhere right now.

Jug the Thug

Reaction score
the thunderbolts serious junk wait for a phone that interests you more.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dark juggalo

Reaction score
the thunderbolts serious junk wait for a phone that interests you more.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
do some research before you commit,some will tell you its "junk" some wil tell you its the greatest thing since sliced bread
all I can tell you is I really like mine...but I had to tweak it to get it there.

jimmydene84

Reaction score
The TB is def not junk, It's the baddest phone on Verizon right now, I've had mine quite a while with no issues with the phone itself...very happy with it!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

VolDroid

Reaction score
I love My TB. Had it just over a month now and other than battery life not being the best I really like it. Haven't had a need to root it yet other than to remove bloatware.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its far from junk. That's quite an ignorant statement actually

...collaborating with bored on theme work for thunderbread. its gonna be sweet

Sentrix

Reaction score
Definitely get it ASAP. With tiered data coming in just more than a week you'll want to lock in unlimited LTE.

tc3

Reaction score
Its far from junk. That's quite an ignorant statement actually

...collaborating with bored on theme work for thunderbread. its gonna be sweet

Uhhh....its closer to being junk than not.

I don't know how some people got so lucky as to have these thunderbolts that magically have no problems and a large portion of bolt owners have major problems.

But I've been through 4 and all have the same device crippling problems. So as far as them being junk...I don't think he's out of line by calling it as it is.

johnd09

Reaction score
Actually I think there are a lot more people who don't have problems with their phone than do. I know a lot of people who have the phone and most of them didn't even know about half the problems. I think it's just the power users who have found the problems. Many of the phones never even got the ota which caused the reboot problems because they weren't looking for it.

Sent from my Thunderbolt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.