Is it so wrong that I want an iPad too??!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Sal, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Sal

Sal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay. I love my droid. But...still...I'm having gadget envy today!! You?

2. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    nope..... it' pretty useless imo... if i want a bigger screen I use my laptop...

3. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Saw Engadget guy on Jimmy Fallon show one off last night. Looks cool in some ways... untill he brings up that it has no camera, no multitasking, and no flash player. I mean, no offence apple, you do make some nice stuff, but come on man... You advertize this as the best web surfing expirience you'll ever have and yet you have no flash? I know its not the best thing ever but if I cant watch hulu on an iPad but (hopefully soon) I can on my Moto Droid thats just redonkulous!

again, no camera... sheesh... video chatting? ahhhhg (end rant...)

4. DroidxRage

DroidxRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Like the iPad, check out Microsoft's upcoming Courier... now that's innovation. Almost seems like the shoes on the other foot, MS making innovative creative products, and Apple herding sheep.

5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Not wrong at all Sal. It's not the same as a Droid, I can easily see why somebody might want one.

6. Sal

Sal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Truthfully, as I said in another thread, the thing that looks so cool to me is the book-like e-reader. The kindle seems so ugly and limited compared to that. I need to get my hands on it though. I'm concerned about its weight, over double the weight and bigger overall than my early generation kindle. I like to read for long periods of time in bed...My droid is awesome in bed (get your dirty minds out of the gutter). For light browsing but not for real reading.

7. DroidxRage

DroidxRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering, have you guys seen the videos on the Microsoft Courier Journal?

I'm as excited for that is I was for my Droid (I was watching development rumors when it was still called Sholes). That's what I thought Apple would do with the iPad, but unfortunately to me the iPad seems lackluster, especially after seeing the Courier.

Check out the first video in this link... mighty impressive IMO
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/05/microsofts-courier-digital-journal-exclusive-pictures-and-de/

#7 DroidxRage, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  8. Vink70

Vink70 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    any of you have an ipod touch? ever notice how nasty the screen and the stainless back gets from your hands? for the price i can get a bad ass laptop, have a dvd drive on it, put books on it, music, watch anything and everything, play games, have a camera and keep the screen clean/protected with zero problems.

9. Sal

Sal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's very cool video. It seems pretty geared for graphics and photo usage. I'm all about text: creating it (for work) and consuming it (for fun). I guess it'll function for that too. Wonder if it will have a virtual keyboard...

10. gregbridwell

gregbridwell New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll admit it's great for reading the forums! ;P

I like it a lot. I use it for headlines and reading mainly. The Internet connectivity make it nice for email and saving my Droid's battery!

Netflix has a nice app for streaming videos. It would be a great tool for young and old alike, especially those not bright enough to have a Droid too! Necessary no, fun to play with yes. Only for Droid owners with disposable income.

11. sockmess

sockmess Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't like it... but i don't fault it for not having a camera. What you going to do with that huge monstrosity, pull it out for that special moment? nope. If you want video conferencing use your laptop on a table, it cost less and does more and the ipad is a good deal why?

If thing had a camera for conferencing then you would have to have some way to prop it so you can show yourself.
    Muti-tasking, flash, keyboard sold separately, no memory upgrades, no card reader slots (sd, mirco compact etc) slots in fact no optical drives. if it was less than 129.99 i might consider it.

12. DessoThumbs

DessoThumbs Member

Ratings:
    +7
    That's friggin' amazing!! I WANT ONE!! Hopefully it'll come out by 10/10, my 50th birthday!! Gotta go tell the wife!!

man, you can make a custom webpage in a new york second and take your texas time with that thing!!