Is it really 4.5?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The X at 4.3", the extra length compared to the EVO ...it was fine. I think the max I would do is 4.5". The Droid X was a lil longer than the EVO probably due to the antennas in the X. If a company has to make the phone a lil bigger, longer to have better antennas, I will gladly take the extra size.

The one reason I kept my Droid X1 when I first got it was it had better reception than my Droid 1. The Droid 1 has great reception.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
The X at 4.3", the extra length compared to the EVO ...it was fine. I think the max I would do is 4.5". The Droid X was a lil longer than the EVO probably due to the antennas in the X. If a company has to make the phone a lil bigger, longer to have better antennas, I will gladly take the extra size.

The one reason I kept my Droid X1 when I first got it was it had better reception than my Droid 1. The Droid 1 has great reception.

Actually, the X is longer than the EVO because of the aspect ratio of the screen. Antennas aren't a factor. The X is 16:9, like an HDTV, which makes it longer and skinnier than the EVO. I believe the EVO is something like 5:3, which makes it wider than the X, but not as long. Both are 4.3" corner to corner, the dimensions of the screen are just different.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Lol i have small hands but I wouldn't mind a big screen because I'm on my phone way longer then I should.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Then get a tablet and leave the cell phones to those of us with small hands

burger-king-tiny-hands.jpg

Give me only small Android Phones!!!:rofl3:

smacinskyjr

Reaction score
It was a joke... *SWOOOOOOOSH* thats the sound of it going over your head, lol, another joke

Not that I'm super smart, but with my feeble 138 IQ I sure didn't pick up on it. Did anyone else see where it was a joke? I saw no LOL indicating a joke or some cute little joking type smiley attached. Or was I supposed to read the inflection in your voice?

dominick_7

Reaction score

You're right. I wished it had the same width while keeping the width of the EVO/HD2. That makes sure the qwerty software keys are thicker and easier to type on. The Droid Xs screen quality, sound, and call quality though beats the Thunderbolt and Evo like phones.

mjones73

Reaction score
It was a joke... *SWOOOOOOOSH* thats the sound of it going over your head, lol, another joke

Not that I'm super smart, but with my feeble 138 IQ I sure didn't pick up on it. Did anyone else see where it was a joke? I saw no LOL indicating a joke or some cute little joking type smiley attached. Or was I supposed to read the inflection in your voice?

I'm guessing it's a play on this - [video=youtube;xu_bE7g2wqM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu_bE7g2wqM]YouTube - ‪BK's Tiny Hands Commercial‬‏[/video]

Oh and a high IQ doesn't mean someone has a sense of humor... ;)

Yes, that was a joke too.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
I went to AT&T while I was out messed around with the Infuse!!! Great Screen and Super Amoled Plus was sharp for a 4.5" screen. I loved it so if the Bionic comes with 4.5" Screen I can deal with it but would prefer 4.3" Screen

music life

Reaction score
not sure i mind the size. but i hope its all but perfect when it comes out.

no lag
good battery
nice screen
more ram

after my X2 disappointment im ready to get something that works and will work a year from now. the x2 lag is killing me. and the ram is pretty much not even there.

im for sure waiting at least a week or two after release to be sure its not another problematic phone.

one can hope.

music life

Reaction score
Everyone keeps saying "good battery life" but what do you guys actually consider "good battery life" for a large 4G phone like this?

when i say good i dont mean 2 days. i mean better than 5-8 hours. at least get up in the 10-12 hour range

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh I wasn't calling out you, I just mean that as a general question to everyone since everyone seems to want good battery life without defining what that means for a phone of this caliber.