Is it possible...

EntropicChaos

Reaction score
To have my Droid access files (mp3's, etc) that are on my computer/networked HDD, while I'm at work/gym/wherever? I know I can use the VPN settings of the phone, but I'm wondering (with what current limited knowledge I have) if there's any way to do the above question.

In my day dreaming, I find the aspect of accessing my MP3 library that's residing at home, while I'm at the gym, should I have forgotten to add my favorite song to the SD card. Or that paper I forgot to print out for class, etc.

Is such a dream possible, or should I just stick to remembering things better?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I know you can stream mp3s and video to your phone from the comp but pretty sure you need to be inside the wireless network. I do know from seeing other posts (but never doing it myself) that you can access your comp from your phone. Like remote desktop but, not called that.

OP
E

EntropicChaos

Reaction score
Downloading Subsonic now, and it looks rather promising. Thanks for pointing me in that direction, Grevious. Are there other programs like Subsonic that one can use to locally host other files (pdf files, documentation, etc) that can be accessed via phone?

Grievous

Reaction score