Is it Possible to Uninstall the Recent Upgrade?

Jo_mama

Reaction score
Is there any way to uninstall the newest update? I want to go back to the old droid version. I hate the newest Droid update with a passion--I sincerely do. The old picture viewer and gallery layout did not look as kool as the update, but at least it loaded my pictures.

I have more pics saved on my phone than I can count. I am constantly taking pics of my fam and friends--especially at work. The old picture gallery handled the load without any complications; however, the "new and improved" gallery is slow and unresponsive. The updated pic gallery is not capable of processing a lot of saved pics. The new picture gallery sacrifices performance at the expense of aesthetics and unnecessary features.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do understand what you're saying completely. If you have a ton of pics it will load them up much slower. There a few things you might be able to do.

1) find the 2.0.1 Gallery app online and install on your phone. Only thing about this is that you will have 2 exact same Gallery icons in your app drawer.

2) find and install the Milestone's Gallery app that is basically the same as your old Gallery except it has a different icon.

3) root your phone and do either of the above and delete your old Gallery app from system

4) root your phone and reinstall the 2.0.1 update (may not need root for this by I'm not 100%)

5) root your phone and install a kernel that will allow you to overclock the CPU resulting in way faster performance and load times.

6) root your phone and flash a custom ROM that will have an overclock kernel built-in

I am in no way trying to convince you to root your Droid, I am only giving you all the options that you presently have at your disposal :)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nate gave you some great options! The first 2 don't require root either :)

OP
J

Jo_mama

Reaction score
Thanks...

Thanks a bunch for the info. Where can I find the instructions on how to execute the uninstallation?