Is It Possible to Transfer My Ringtones?

JoDroid

Reaction score
Is it possible to transfer my ringtones from my OG Droid to the Bionic? For some reason my new computer is not recognizing the OG Droid so I can't see if I can do it that way.

edit: I am thinking the reason is that my new computer is 64 bit?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is always the option of email as well. You can use wifi and email any files.

GBH2

Reaction score
Can't find the ringtones on the OG Droid. :(

It depends. Ringtones you moved to the phone would be in sdcard/ringtones.

System ringtones are in internal storage and you need to be rooted to see the files.

If you bought them and downloaded them they could be in either of those places.

Where did you get the ringtones and how did they get on your Droid?

faganm24

Reaction score
My ringtones and notifications in media>>audio>> and then either alarms, music, notifications, or ringtones on my sd card on the OG Droid. I found that my phone automatically created a folder for the facebook pop notification after I installed the app and it put the folder on the internal partition for media. This part shows up as sdcard (external sd card is sdcard-ext). You can easily move files with dropbox or by popping in your old sd card into the bionic and transferring using Astro or another file manager.

OP
J

JoDroid

Reaction score
I downloaded them from Verizon. They came to me in a text message but it's weird that I never deleted them but they are no longer in my text messages. I looked on my SD card which is where they should be but I do not see them in downloads or are they anywhere else that I can see on the SD card. There isn't a media folder on the SD card :( Where the heck could they be? I might just ask Verizon if they can give them to me seeing as I paid for them.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I've never bought a ringtone so I cant tell you what folder they're in.. but I can suggest you download Astro File Manager from the market and just search through your SD card.

TIP: there are two SDCards listed in Astro. SDCard and SDCard-ext. to switch between them hit HOME and then UP

OP
J

JoDroid

Reaction score
I've never bought a ringtone so I cant tell you what folder they're in.. but I can suggest you download Astro File Manager from the market and just search through your SD card.

TIP: there are two SDCards listed in Astro. SDCard and SDCard-ext. to switch between them hit HOME and then UP

Hi Speeding Wheels

I have had Astro for a long time. I looked on the SDCard, do not see an SDCard-ext. I looked in every folder there is no matter what it was called but I still can't find the ringtones :(

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Ok, try this then...
Hit SEARCH at the top and type MP3 into the "name contains" field.

I have no idea if the ringtones you bought were in fact mp3's, but it's worth a shot, eh?

OP
J

JoDroid

Reaction score
Ok, try this then...
Hit SEARCH at the top and type MP3 into the "name contains" field.

I have no idea if the ringtones you bought were in fact mp3's, but it's worth a shot, eh?

No luck. Just broght up the dll and decode files. it was worth the try though. Thanks :)