Is it possible to separate music into different folders for attaching to texts?

metalhead

Reaction score
I have a lot of sound bites saved in a folder I created on my SD card called " my ringtones". My music is saved in a different folder called "Isyncr" that came from my ITunes account. I like to add sound bites to my texts and when I go to attach audio to my text I can't see either folder. The folder that is available lumps all the sound bites and music into one. I want to be able to access the "my ringtone" folder to make it easier to find what I want. How can I make this happen? My previous phone had this ability so I figure it should be possible. Thanks!

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
When you go to add the attachment are you selecting audio?? maybe try selecting file and then navigate to the sound you want to use and select it....It may require to navigate through a couple more folders but will be a simpler way of finding just the files you want.... I believe the phone will also see that it is a sound file and still attach it as so.....

OP
M

metalhead

Reaction score
When I select existing audio I only get the choice of selecting a generic audio folder that has both music and sound bites. I would like to be able to see my separate audio folders.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you go to add the attachment are you selecting audio?? maybe try selecting file and then navigate to the sound you want to use and select it....It may require to navigate through a couple more folders but will be a simpler way of finding just the files you want.... I believe the phone will also see that it is a sound file and still attach it as so.....

Assuming we're talking about a RAZR Maxx, my stock texting app doesn't have "attach a file" as one of the options. Does yours?

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
My Razr Maxx stock texting app does have an attach feature, there is a paper clip at the top right of the screen.

OP
M

metalhead

Reaction score
Assuming we're talking about a RAZR Maxx, my stock texting app doesn't have "attach a file" as one of the options. Does yours?

Yes, mine is the Razr Maxx. In the stock texting app there is a paper clip icon in the upper right corner. Next is a menu with one of the choices being existing audio. Within that I get the choice of "choose music track" or "select music track". Either choice lumps all my sound bites and music together.
I also use GoSms and after selecting to add audio I get the choice of "android system" or "GoSms pro". If I go to android system it takes me to the factory loaded ringtone notifications. The GoSms folder takes me to another menu that goes the the same factory notifications or a folder that says "music". That music folder lumps all sound bites and music together.
It sure seems like I should be able to add my own folder to the menu list but I can't figure out how to do it.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, mine is the Razr Maxx. In the stock texting app there is a paper clip icon in the upper right corner. Next is a menu with one of the choices being existing audio. Within that I get the choice of "choose music track" or "select music track". Either choice lumps all my sound bites and music together.
I also use GoSms and after selecting to add audio I get the choice of "android system" or "GoSms pro". If I go to android system it takes me to the factory loaded ringtone notifications. The GoSms folder takes me to another menu that goes the the same factory notifications or a folder that says "music". That music folder lumps all sound bites and music together.
It sure seems like I should be able to add my own folder to the menu list but I can't figure out how to do it.

No, not you metalhead.
I quoted Miller6386 and asked him if his phone had the choice to attach a file as he suggested. He may be using a different app for texting than the stock texting app...