Is it possible to recover Adobe Flash Player after JB and 1st time root?

bocabean

Reaction score
My DRM was updated to JellyBean. After I saw that the update did not do away with Webtop 3.0, I was ready to finally root, which I have done.

One thing that I did not consider, however, was my Adobe Flash Player (I think it was #11, not salwaure). In any event, that always worked for me with my Dolphin Browser.

Although I was not rooted prior to the JB update, I did do a full backup of my internal and SD cards onto my PC.

Is it possible that I can recover the FP app from there somehow and re-install, utilizing my new super hero powers of being rooted?

When I try to download it from AppBrain, it is telling me that my device is not compatible.

I should mention that prior to performing the root, I did a fdr on the device (while it was already updated to JB).

Thanks.

yaterml

Reaction score
I downloaded the latest edition straight from Adobe's site installed directly. Doesn't work with all flash files

OP
bocabean

bocabean

Reaction score
I was able to locate the most recent version of Flash (install_flash_player_ics(14).apk, which supposedly works with JB), as well as an older version of Dolphin_Browser_HD_8.5.1.apk which appears to still have settings to work with Flash Player. I installed both apps. Not only would Flash still not work, but neither did pinch and zoom.

Are there other combinations of these two apps that I should be searching for?

bill227

Reaction score
re- adobe flash player

I also updated to JB & just rooted my razr & wondering if you really need it in the phone & runing?

Phreaker47

Reaction score
With JB I have moved on to Chrome now. Dolphin just never quite did it for me... flash video issues being a big part of that.