Is it possible to install 2 roms at once?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by phatkat66, Feb 26, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have AdamZ smoked glass 4.5 and I use home++ but i've been trying to find a way to use the live wallpapers with interaction on home++ I got the new home++ v.15 that allows live wallpaper to be used but I cant figure out how to and i see alot of other ppl are getting it but with something like droidmod.

I really like the glass theme but i really would love to add the interactive wallpaper while still using home++ >_<

Anyone know if i put in another rom will it overwrite the other or is there anyway that I can use SG 4.5 home++ .15 and LW at once?
  2. shmoo

shmoo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you can use metamorph instead of home++ to do this, but I'm not sure.
  3. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5
    2 ROMs at once..Pretty sure thats a No.
  4. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    home++ is only a home replacement app, not a ROM. I dont understand what the question is. You can combine different aspects from different ROMs, may be time consuming, but definitely possible
  5. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
  6. SANhacker

SANhacker Member

Ratings:
    +7
    +1 Pick one. If you don't like it, pick another.
    A ROM is just a custom build someone likes. Well, without mudding the waters, they also come with some pretty cool features and you should choose a ROM which meets your needs. Just think of a ROM as a way to view your phone. It may provide wifi tether, a theme you like, an overclock rate you prefer or some other aspect that "floats your boat". You now have the option to download "as an example" Beautiful Beast 1.1 and then pick the kernel version you prefer. How cool is that ! Do you want 550MHz, 1100MHz, 1200MHz or 1250MHz. Pick your poison. The options are endless :)

I'm finding you can also build your own ROM's with the exact features you want. Don't want wifi tether but love AdamZ Smoked Glass, BB 1.1 and Sholes 1.2GHz kernel. There is an app for that. :) That is the beauty of this phone.

You can replace ROM's and/or kernels in like 5 minutes once you get the hang of it. Just ensure you have a good nandroid backup.

Best of luck.
  7. phatkat66

phatkat66 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    That sounds great. I know home++ is jus a home replacement/app but im always hearing about live papers not working on home++ and i want it on there plus ive tried using the .tgz file while having sg 4.5 but it always replaces the smoked glass 4.5 and it doesnt come with launcher2.1 i appreciate everyones help ive looked at the thread above last night and i cant seem to push the files it always says permission denied or something i cant remember im on the bus at the moment.

Btw what app lets u pik out feautures from roms and combine them wit others? That sounds like something id really like to do
  8. 52brandon

52brandon Active Member

Ratings:
    +19
    how are you trying to push the files? Also, adb shell is what will let you combine features from different ROMs, like a launcher from one, kernel from the other, etc. but you may need to load the ROM and copy the .apk from it to put on the ROM you want. Could be time consuming and a pain in the ass, but it's definitely possible

ETA, as far as home++ running LWPs, that's up to that dev to add that capability. I cant blame them for not, as LWPs cause problems and I would get annoyed with the people whining about the fact that a feature that was ported to the droid and never actually intended for the droid didnt work perfectly on the droid