Is it possible? R2D2

How long will it take to see a theme released with all the features of the Droid 2?

• 1-2 Weeks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3-4 Weeks

• 1-3 months

• The first week!

• Total voters

Droid101

Reaction score
What are the chances we will be seeing a theme based completely on the R2D2? I know I am excited about it. I wouldn't spend my upgrade on it but I deffinately want to transform my droid 1 into it:) what are your predictions?

Reaction score
oh, then the answer is never. all those widgets are linked with the version of blur the d2 and dx both use...never gonna work on the og droid.

Reaction score
has nothing to do with root...its the same reason we cant use sense ui widgets off of htc phones...its just wired completely different..

OP
Droid101

Droid101

Reaction score
has nothing to do with root...its the same reason we cant use sense ui widgets off of htc phones...its just wired completely different..

aww very unfortunate:frown:

All the things I the site look exciting! Maybe one day it'll be possible.

Thanks for telling me though cause I wouldn't have known :)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I created the Luna Theme and love Star Wars, mostly for R2D2 by the way. If you each want to give me a dollar to buy the new R2D2 Phone I would be more than happy to make the most kick ass star wars theme I can on it. (however I might lay low in releasing it only thru email because Mr. Lucas would have me by the balls)

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Theme I think it will be highly probable it will come out soon after it drops. Most phones that get released, have a system dump and then themers use that to port it to other phones.

Functionality that is a different story. Since the D2 uses blur, a lot apparently is tied into it. Meaning porting isn't just a simple drag and drop job. Some things do work sorta, like the D2 multitouch keyboard works apparently. Maybe some others will work, but not without some work. So it would be some time, if it comes at all.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Porting is lame-o anyway. Create from scratch ;)

OP
Droid101

Droid101

Reaction score
I created the Luna Theme and love Star Wars, mostly for R2D2 by the way. If you each want to give me a dollar to buy the new R2D2 Phone I would be more than happy to make the most kick ass star wars theme I can on it. (however I might lay low in releasing it only thru email because Mr. Lucas would have me by the balls)

If I had the money I would be getting one for me lol. But hopefully a system dump or someone here in the forums that ends up getting one is willing to provide you with the needed info:)