Is it normal???

cruz

Reaction score
My phone gets pretty hot even while just having it in the pocket without using. I don't mean scorching hot but pretty hot? Is it because of signal or roaming issues? Battery issues? Is this normal??

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Possibly not, I haven't seen mine get warm unless I was really using it.

However, most of my power controls, GPS, BT and wifi are off, are yours when it is not being used?
Could cause a difference.

Hypnotic

Reaction score
My phone gets pretty hot even while just having it in the pocket without using. I don't mean scorching hot but pretty hot? Is it because of signal or roaming issues? Battery issues? Is this normal??

Could be I would check what you have running could be some application trying to find the network. If it is that your phone is getting hot because well its looking for that network to update.

OP
C

cruz

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I am a newbie, where do you start to go to turn off these?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks guys, I am a newbie, where do you start to go to turn off these?

download Taskiller. Even when you think an app is closed, it's not. Taskkiller will show you what is open and you can "kill" it from there.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Long press on home screen, add widgets, power control, that will get you the controls you need.

OP
C

cruz

Reaction score
Long press on home screen, add widgets, power control, that will get you the controls you need.
Okay, thanks! Now, how do I remove it if I decide to?:icon_eek:

ViciousCircle

Android Addict
Premium Member
Reaction score

Just long press a widget and drag it to the bottom of the screen. A trash can will appear, and the widget will be red. Just drop it into the trash can.

OP
C

cruz

Reaction score

Just long press a widget and drag it to the bottom of the screen. A trash can will appear, and the widget will be red. Just drop it into the trash can.
Thanks a lot, you guys are good and I feel dumber than ever!!!:blink::blink:

Hypnotic

Reaction score

Thanks a lot, you guys are good and I feel dumber than ever!!!:blink::blink:

Don't my friends get scared when they hear my phone say droid or they see me talking to it.

OP
C

cruz

Reaction score

bigthinker

Reaction score
Hot, Hot Hot!!!

This was an issue when I first got my Droid as well. I went in and started shutting down applications that I really did not need to be running at the time and also went to the market and installed Advanced Task Manager (BTW I use this 7 to 10 Times per day) and the HOT issues are now behind me....Hope you find some of these hints helpful!:motdroidvert: