Is it normal to lose swype?

CBLJazz

Reaction score
so everything was fine but i decided to uninstall swype to improve performance. Because it was acting buggy. I've done this with other apps with good results.

Upon re-installation i get an error- program is unusable.

Has this happened to anyone else?
Is there a resolution?

btw, i'm using SMART KEYBOARD while i wait cause the android stock is horrible.

DarrellM5

Reaction score
Keeping Swype running through all of my ROM updates has been a major problem. I finally found an .apk file that will install it without going through all of the Swype beta hassles over and over. I can't post it here due to forum rules.

One thing that has helped some people is to remove widgets prior to re-installing.

There are multiple threads regarding problems with Swype if the above fails to work.

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
just redownload it through the swype installer. if thats what you did, uninstall the swype installer as well as swype, and go to the beta site (beta.swype.com i believe) and have them resend you the email with instructions on it. it will have the most up to date installer.

I think they do it this way so that they can be sure that its only registered beta users that are using swype.

clucernoni

Reaction score
I have had similar problems no matter how I install swype. My landscape mode hasn't worked for months on any ROM, luckily if im in landscape mode I am using the physical keyboard so I don't really mind.

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
there was an issue with landscape mode on an older version of the beta. what version of swype are you running?

I'm running 1.56.30.7625.t100