Is it normal to have crashes?

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Trying to browse a website this morning and the screen would flash black, browser would crash and reopen on the home page. Haven't experienced this before, please advise. Thanks.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Trying to browse a website this morning and the screen would flash black, browser would crash and reopen on the home page. Haven't experienced this before, please advise. Thanks.

My first question is have you rooted? if so you might can use fix permissions in rom manager.

How does fix permissions help with a non-root app?

you_scrubb

Reaction score
before you posted that i was trying to delete my post. i just noticed it was on a non rooted phone

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Do you have a task killer? If so remove it. Typically, task killers cause more issues than they solve.

Mike

OP
S

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Nope no task killer. My phone didn't like 2.2 so I probably need to call Verizon and see what they can do.

newport5

Reaction score
Has anyone had the experience where the phone will call other numbers but you cannot hear the phone ring or hear the person anwering on the other line? Had it three times and had to have a hard reset the third time.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I've not had that particular issue. Perhaps a call or visit to VZW is in order.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I've found I have that problem if I either hit a website with a bad script or something and the browser crashes or if it gets too resource-intensive and I'm out of RAM from stuff cluttering up the system. A quick reboot fixes the latter up and if the page isn't well-designed there's not much fix for that.

I realize this is a day late, but if you ever have the problem again, try rebooting your phone and see if it clears up. I know it's a pain, but sometimes you just need to reboot. :)

newport5

Reaction score
Crash

Thank you furbearingmammal. I did a reboot but it crashed the next day again. So I went to the Verizon store and they did a hard reboot. It has been working for 3 days so far. It seems quite a bit better.

OP
S

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Had more issues today, called Verizon and ended up doing another factory reset. So far so good, but that's the second time in as many weeks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk