Is it my phone or my computer?

MaddHatter007

Reaction score
Ok, so here I am trying to root my phone and I've literally download every zip file from the v1.5 to the v1.8 and none of them will root my phone. At first with the v1.8 I couldn't even get the rooting process started and then I played with it for a day and finally got the root process started but it will get to the 3rd exploit and stop. It'll say error, the rooting could not be completed. Then it tells me that I either need to try restarting my phone or the exploit that this root used was fixed. I have literally tried everything. I have a Droid X the 2.3.4 version. The USB Debugging is enabled. I just need to know what I'm doing wrong. I have got so close and of course it would fail me. 3 days now I've been working on this.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. Are you running the latest update version for your phone? I don't remember the version numbers off hand but if it is the latest then it is not rootable in its current state.

OP
M

MaddHatter007

Reaction score
really?! Can I down grade haha or go back a couple versions? So what about creating a Root for this version? It had to start somewhere.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The latest update (which I assume you are on without knowing your version number) blocks both rooting and downgrading to an older firmware. I remember reading about a work around but I have never done it to reference it for you.

Unless of course something had changed recently. Not having the Droid X anymore it is difficult for me to stay up on all the tech news for it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the droid forums.

OP
M

MaddHatter007

Reaction score
my version is the 2.3.4, is that the version your referring to? What phone would you recommend if I was to get a new phone? Plan on sticking with an android phone. One more question does the Galaxy Note operate off the Android OS. Thanks guys good to find a place with informative people. Thanks JSM you've been helpful

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
my version is the 2.3.4, is that the version your referring to? What phone would you recommend if I was to get a new phone? Plan on sticking with an android phone. One more question does the Galaxy Note operate off the Android OS. Thanks guys good to find a place with informative people. Thanks JSM you've been helpful

That is the android version. If you are under your "about phone" section there should be a separate line for the system version. I believe the latest is 4.5.621, or something close to that.

What phone to get is a very weighted question, it really depends on what you're looking for and what you like.

The note is an android device and I believe Verizon is getting the note 2. But I don't know much about it at all.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well been looking around a bit. You may want to check out this thread and the link in it. I have not done this at all but its something to take a look at. It also seems to be pretty intense especially if you're not big on hacking already. And if you're not, I would not recommend it honestly.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=224153

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you are able to resolve this. DancingNexus

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Were you able to resolve your issue? We also have a sister site at Droid X Forum that might be able to help ya with your current issue :)...good luck!

OP
M

MaddHatter007

Reaction score
JSM, actually i had never paid much attention to computers and phone tech stuff until recently. I had fell in love with the idea of being able to hack, thats why I wanted to root my phone. Due to recent job opportunity I have to play catch up on the hacking world so while all these 12 yrs olds are hacking and stuff I'm trying to figure out how to root my phone lol. I'm in the process of learning HTML, JAVA, C++, PYTHON, and several other languages and trying to figure out coding and other stuff. That thread you sent me helped, but you were right it requires a better set skill at hacking then I can offer lol. I did figure out a little more about my phone in the process though. again thanks you've been a big help. And to everyone else I did my best at trying to figure it out but unfortunately I do not have the required skill to perform the Flash and then root. thanks for everyones help and support

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hey we all had to start somewhere. If you keep reading, researching, etc next thing you know you will be on here teaching us how to do stuff :)