is it me or is rom manager usless

chefb

Reaction score
I've had rom manager and rom premium but never use it. I flashed a rom but did manually when I try to do it through rom it just reboots so what's the purpose?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you using bootstrap?

You have an X so you need it.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Yeah, am I supposed to go in there first? .....I'm still learning. I ask because when I flashed the rom I went into bootstap recovery and did it from there. Am I missing something? I have not done anything throuh rom yet and I payed so....just wondering.

Reaction score
I honestly never use it. I save everything to the sd card and install it from clockwork.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rom manager isn't that usefull on a droid x or 2. I find it much more reliable to just manually do everything in cm recovery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Well I wish I knew that before I spent money on premium

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah I do everything manually....so I have no need for it.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It still has its uses but it also has its limitations.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I used it to put the moto keyboard on focused when I was too lazy to hunt down the zip file. To date that is my only actual use of ROM Manager. I honestly see no point for it when you can DL a big rom in like 10 seconds on FIOS and then just jump into clockwork.

wildride89

Reaction score
Not to jack the thread but I just rooted and have been playing. Im interested in custom roms. I downloaded titanium backup and what should I back up? Also with the bootstrap recovery we can load it from there? Thanks in advancs

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Not to jack the thread but I just rooted and have been playing. Im interested in custom roms. I downloaded titanium backup and what should I back up? Also with the bootstrap recovery we can load it from there? Thanks in advancs

Not to jack the thread butt I'll do it anyway....what? Moving on. Free beer for a good arguement to keep!!! Rom manager. AWSOME in advance:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
Lol yeah, its called the search function, I know I'm new here but I learned how to root, flash roms, backup, use titanium... everything from google searches and forum searches. First smartphone and all...

But yeah... um ROM Manager is better for other phones that don't have a bootstrap type program which I'm assuming is everything now so I dunno...