Is It Me Or Is BB 0.5 Buggier Than Ever?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by imati0n, Sep 29, 2010.

1. imati0n

imati0n Member

Ratings:
    +0
    (putting the flame suit on now)

But in all seriousness does "Bugless" Beast 0.5 seem to have more errors and mishaps than all the other previous versions of BB?

The forum is full of threads regarding 0.5. I myself have been getting tons of FC's with 0.5 and I have had 3 lock ups and reboots so far. (before anyone argues with me, yes I did wipe data and cache 3 times each. waited for it to reboot upon installation, and I am running a kernel @ the speed I have been running for over 6 months) I have also had the market issues associated with this ROM. I have also lost some stock applications that come stock with the Android OS such as the calendar something I use every day.

So is it just me or is 0.5 full of errors and bugs?

I'm not saying this to complain, but simply see how many users out there are experiencing the same thing I am.

2. ice456789

ice456789 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    My 2 main issues with the ROM are not errors so much as developer choices that I disagree with.

1) Left stagefright enabled and broken
    2) Can't stand the brightness hack

I had the market issue but as soon as I cleared cache on the market app it was completely fixed.
    Other than that I've had no reboots and no FC's. Very stable.

3. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Based on my experience, you. I haven't had any problems with 0.5.

It seems like the posts here should be somewhat indicative. I doubt people would have problems and not post about them.

4. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Let's make BB v0.5 run good for you, shall we? Follow these steps and yes it will take like 45 minutes to do it all.

1. Backup any data, pics, music, etc... to your PC (by folder if possible)
    2. Format your SDCard and put the BB v0.5 .zip file on it
    3. Wipe Data/Cache 3x
    4. Install BB v0.5 and leave it alone as instructed until it reboots.
    5. When it reboots pull the battery
    6. Copy the folders containing your backed up data onto your SD Card
    7. Insert SD Card into phone and power up the phone
    8. Reboot into recovery and make a nandroid
    9. Go to market and download all of your paid apps, stuff you want, fart apps, etc...
    10. Download kernel of choice, I suggest Slayhers 1.6 kernels due to the Interactive Governor
    11. Install and reboot
    12. Celebrate and party with your new, fast and OMG sexy toy

5. 1linuxfreak

1linuxfreak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not to bad so far . FAST !
    Although having to install 2 patches right off the bat is unnerving .
    Dolphin will not do a search on this site , the drop down comes down the keyboard comes up and then it closes (don't think it has to do with BB version zero point five though) , either this site has a problem with other browsers or is trying to get everyone to DL xScope , which is not ethical . Did they remove the Trial Version of xScope from the market ?
    One thing that really , really bugs me is there is no 928Droid theme for BB version zero point five yet , when I get the 928Droid theme life will be good again . :)

6. Parafly9

Parafly9 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm really enjoying this over .4. It's way quicker for me and seems to run smooth as butter. I'm not even sure I noticed a difference in brightness between this and .4?

7. ytwokc5

ytwokc5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Installed Sunday morning and I have been bugfree since. Came from BBv0.4. Installed clean the first time. Running Chevy's LV 1.0ghz kernel.
    I used ROM Manager to install and picked wipe data/cache, backup existing ROM.
    Ran Pete's backup tool prior to the install, Titanium Pro backup of all apps system data.

8. Chillout

Chillout Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I did the initial install the day after it was launched but I failed to do what I normally do and that is to wipe the cache and settings TWICE. I did it once and when it came back up I had issues with apps FCing even after removing the previous backups, and the available space was next to nothing. It still ran pretty well but was a tad sluggish.

I did a fresh wipe again, this time doing it TWICE and since then it's been absolutely flawless and running faster than ever. Love it Pete, thank you!!

9. lee__D

lee__D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    (not a BB issue)i just had problems w plp not hearnig me on the phnoe, turned off enhanced voice privacy or w/e and that fixed that.

the beast is awesome

10. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen this a number of places. Why should we do the wipe more than once? In fact, I have been following the advise, but I do not understand the rationale behind it. Can someone explain to me?

Thanks.

11. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I've never understood that logic either. Once you wipe the cache there is 0 inside of it. How can wiping 3-5 times (yes, I've seen that) possibly make a difference.

12. Skull One

Skull One Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Placebo.

Nothing more, nothing less.