Is it me or has the reception gotten somewhat better

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It seems like since the last outage the phone been at least holding reception a little better. Maybe its just been a good couple of days reception wise for me. Time will tell.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I hope those outages meant updated towers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
This happens sometimes during outages. I remember after one outage my Bionic didn't drop data for a day or two.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
when I updated to the new baseband it pretty much solved my issues. I never had an issue with dropping calls, 3g was just spotty in my house.

kimintenn

Reaction score
I've also been having slightly better signal strength... I used to have -110 and -120 regularly and today it was -97. Still not good enough though.

when I updated to the new baseband it pretty much solved my issues. I never had an issue with dropping calls, 3g was just spotty in my house.
What's a new "baseband?"

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've also been having slightly better signal strength... I used to have -110 and -120 regularly and today it was -97. Still not good enough though.

What's a new "baseband?"

essentially it's the software that allows you to connect to VZW's signal. Every so often they will update the basebands for better signal in your phone. It's one way of fixing some signal issues.

kimintenn

Reaction score
essentially it's the software that allows you to connect to VZW's signal. Every so often they will update the basebands for better signal in your phone. It's one way of fixing some signal issues.
So, did update automatically or did you have to do something?
I'm really really wanting to keep my Gnex but if I can't get my signal issues worked out within the next week I"m going to have to trade it in for something else.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, did update automatically or did you have to do something?
I'm really really wanting to keep my Gnex but if I can't get my signal issues worked out within the next week I"m going to have to trade it in for something else.

I am rooted so I updated it myself but I would expect a fix soon enough from Google that updates everyone to the newest baseband too.

kimintenn

Reaction score
I am rooted so I updated it myself but I would expect a fix soon enough from Google that updates everyone to the newest baseband too.
I keep hoping we'll see an update now that the holidays are over! I've finally been able to take decent pictures with it, so now the only thing disappointing me is the signal issue. It's to the point where I can't even make a call sometimes and we live in a major city.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I didn't really take notice to my signal strength and all that but usually I had single digit asu and upper 70s for the dbm

wolstonc

Reaction score
Since the last outage both my gnex and tbolt get 4 bars where they used to get 2

Capone76

Reaction score
Yeah I have noticed a lot better signal at my house. And kinda weird but was going through my ringtones and noticed one called join hangout. I swear I never saw that before yesterday.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man I am getting -97 today in an area I usually get -110. I am continuing to hope for the best. I mean take away the reception issue (which has not been an issue for me since the last outage) this phone is the best phone on the market in my opinion.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've noticed that my asu number is higher ever since the latest outage. Maybe Verizon is getting their act together, hopefully we don't get any outages this month.