Is it me or does the battery suck?

Reaction score
I love this phone but whats up with this horrid battery life after the update?
As soon as i unplug it the battery drops to 97%
last night i charged it, unplugged it and just uploaded some pictures to facebook and it sat on my desk for a few hours and when i pick it back up its at 35%??
i even adjusted the settings to try to save as much juice as possable!
It wasnt like this before the update............:mad:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The 97% isn't uncommon b/c HTC typically doesn't allow it to truly charge to 100% (wears on battery life cycles) - so at times there will be a real quick drop initially.

The other sounds like something was stuck running or downloading or something... it's not normally THAT bad.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind reloading all your stuff a factory reset is always a valid option. It can be frustrating tho.

OP
I
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
I
Reaction score
unplugged phone from full charge at 8am
just surfed the net a bit and downloaded 2 games its at 38%

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The 97% isn't uncommon b/c HTC typically doesn't allow it to truly charge to 100% (wears on battery life cycles) - so at times there will be a real quick drop initially.

This is correct for two reasons. First with Lithium Ion Polymer batteries, they can not be continuously trickle charged like older Nickel Metal Hydride or Nickel Cadmium batteries or they could become unstable. So once the battery reaches "full" (which as jntdroid pointed out isn't even the actual capacity of the battery but more likely only 85% to 90% of rated capacity to extend lifespan), at 100%, the charging shuts down and the battery begins to lose charge naturally. By the time you unplug it, there could have been as much as 10% of the charge drained before it would resume charge to replenish again.

So when you pick it up and it says anything from 90% to 100% after a full charge, there is nothing wrong with it and the battery and charger are functioning normally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The other sounds like something was stuck running or downloading or something... it's not normally THAT bad.

Agreed. When I send an mms from within Handcent it gets stuck (no problem if I initialize from Share in the gallery ) and I can almost watch my battery dropping. I'll lose half my battery in an hour if I forget to kill it manually.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

1tfrot

Reaction score

definitely something wrong. I unplugged mine yesterday morning at 6am, left it on all day, used it a little bit during the day, got home at 7:30pm and then turned on wi-fi. then called my cousin and my batt was still showing 75%

it was showing something like 14 hours of battery time and still had atleast 75%. when I plugged it in around 10:30pm it still had over 50% on it

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

I agree, this is not normal.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1tfrot

Reaction score
On battery for 12 hours now, the last 2 have been on wi-fi messing around and still show 58%

Also used it some today for pics and couple vids during a walk with the family

OP
I
Reaction score
i did a factory reset and so far its holding up....but i guess i will put it to the true test tomorrow