Is it legal?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Droidika420, May 9, 2012.

1. Droidika420

Droidika420 New Member

I've been reading a bunch of article and heard on the news that rooin and jailbreaking were going to become illegal soon, as it is copyright infringment. I was wondering if this was true, because i need to root my android.:icon_ banana:
  2. johnnyb15613

johnnyb15613 Theme Developer Theme Developer

Geroge Hotz (aka: GeoHot) is the person famous for the original jailbreak of the iPhone some years back. Apple tried suing him, but they ruled that he was within his right to modify the system. This remains true today for all phones. He is also the person who got sued by Sony last year, for revealing an exploity on the PS3. That court case didn't go so smoothly. He was forced to hand over his findings, PS3, and his computers to Sony, and was also forced to sign an injunction stating that he would stop trying to reverse engineer any of Sony's content. Ever since then, manufacturers feel asthough we are outside of our rights to infringe upon their OS's. It may only be a matter of time before they decide to ban it (in the US at least, most other countries are protected from such laws). But you can rest assured that it will NEVER die, there is always somebody smarter than whoever wrote their security!! :p
  3. Droidika420

Droidika420 New Member

Thanks. I din't Know for sure.:icon_ banana: