Is it just me

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by deadfrog82, Jun 6, 2010.

1. deadfrog82

deadfrog82 New Member

I font get it froyo doesn't seem faster than bugles beast at all I really font see the increase in the browser.I ran it all day and never went whoa this is way better.clocked at 1200 mhz and thought it was the same.any one else have thoughts.
  2. Penguissimo

Penguissimo New Member

Just wait until Pete's done working his magic on Froyo ;)
  3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

There is no question that 2.2 pegs much higher on all of the benchmark testing programs. Significantly higher. But, whether this type of speed increase will be seen on your phone depends upon what you do/run with your phone. General doinking on the phone does not seem much faster, but I do have one game that runs better. I could easily get by with 1.1, and had planned to do so until source was out, and the dev's could do their thing. But, I decided that I should do 2.2 at least to have the benefit of being able to properly compare the new roms when they come out.Craig
  4. Hammer87

Hammer87 New Member

i noticed the same thing that froyo doesnt feel faster even thought it does benchmark pretty high....im running nexbeast 1.1 which is based off BB 1.1...also flash is choppy and id rather use skyfire but at least it plays all the videos unlike skyfire
  5. peterpressure

peterpressure New Member

Feels faster to me and I can use flash. Corporate Calendar improved, u can now rotate portrait mode upside down and the little 2.2 features are nice. (automatic updates!)
  6. deadfrog82

deadfrog82 New Member

my biggest gripe would be it doesnt stay on a certain home screen it always defaults to launcher 2 no matter what i do
  7. Smeech

Smeech New Member

I know it all depends on kernals, etc. But does anyone know how the temps are compared to 2.1?
  8. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

Yeah it's just you. Why do you expect to see an increase from the browser? it's not going to magically increase the speed from which you load from the server through your 3g connection (or wifi whatever).

It will speed up java script and rendering. perhaps a bit smoother scrolling. Try running games or large apps. I notice in 3d games like dungeon hunter that it loads much much more quickly than before.

It is def a speed increase over BB and any other rom including my favorite CM. There is no question over this at all. I can't wait to see source built roms from the code when it finally drops.
  9. nagmier

nagmier New Member

Its also not an official release, need to keep that in mind... We wont see anything "godlike" until the source is fully released IMHO but I'm sure pete is cooking up something for us which will SMOKE!! I'm just sad There is no Hexfusion for Froyo yet :D
  10. MarkO

MarkO New Member

It is going to blow BB away in terms of speed. This is a fact. But I'm sure we will end up with a better rom from Pete. We all (well most of us) know what works for us and what doesn't and Pete knows where we come from. In due time we will have a better rom and everyone will be saying "praise the lord" :D
  11. Slipstream

Slipstream New Member

Exactly. If stock Froyo 2.2 is already a bit faster (in normal use) than BB 1.1, just imagine what 2.2 can do once Pete gets his hands on it! I tend to agree though... It runs a bit hotter (and a little bit faster) but isn't anything mind-blowing over BB1.0/1.1. Flash and Apps2SD is nice though.
  12. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

I think the cameras response time is improved and the addition of flash 10.1 is almost a god send. Even though the benching is faster, I noticed very little improvement over BB2.1-V1.1...yes some apps perform better (faster) and some the same. However, it also causes the phone to heat up faster. (killing the battery faster) We all must remember this is just a "BETA" version which is just a glimps of things to come. I'm no expert, but I've been playing with this since about 1 this morning and I am not overly impressed or in awe! I agree with others and await pete's release. Until then...I'm sticking with BB.
  13. bad4u

bad4u New Member

I loaded up froyo sat afternoon just before leaving for Vegas. So I had a solid 4 hours to tinker with it plus all weekend, plus the drive back home. Needless to say tomorrow morningi will be reinstalling 1.1....

Unimpressed with 2.2 beta. The slowness and bugs don't out weigh the few benefits..

Can't wait for Pete's release!
  14. mkraffert

mkraffert New Member

Interesting, on my phone I was able to run a 1.2 kernel and it heated up less than a 1.1 kernel on NexBeast. The battery life was drastically better too. I didn't think it ran anywhere near as smoothly as BB 1.1, and I like the overall usability of BB more than the froyo rom. But it has some cool features, and I see the potential for some awesome roms coming from it.
  15. Hyde895

Hyde895 New Member

2.2 does benchmark lower... I am personally going to wait until a custom 2.2
  16. bomber889

bomber889 New Member

It benches lower? You are doing something wrong then.
  17. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

The main improvement in the browser is javascript performance. Which means the javascript intensive pages (like Wave) now work reasonably well in the browser.