is it just me?

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by djspy, Dec 12, 2012.

1. djspy

djspy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Or have the RAZR HD and Maxx HD been overlooked? Every where look it's iPhone 5, Note II, DNA even the One X+ do a YouTube search for RAZR HD vs iPhone 5 and nothing will come up. A TON of RAZR M vs iPhone 5 videos (lol right?) And even a RAZR Maxx vs iPhone 5 video. Why do you think the new RAZR line has been over looked?

2. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +335
    I don't think it has been overlooked. In fact from the last thing I heard it is selling very well. I've seen a few ads on TV but they are offering the M for $50 bucks with a contracts, that's probably why it is being advertised more.

3. djspy

djspy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I'm talking about the tech world community. I haven't seem a Maxx HD or RAZR HD commercial.

4. GoCliffGo05

Ratings:
    +335
    The one on the air now is with a guy in bed in a concrete room, he uses the maxx to bust out, etc... in see it about once a day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

5. Spydaz

Spydaz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    This device fills more of a niche then others. Its the battery/build/screen but mainly the battery that's the big selling point.

To me the phone has EVERYTHING you could ask for albeit a working Google wallet app.

The durability is pretty much the best, the screen is gorgeous and can hang with all the other big boys out there. The speed (after doing a FDR after jellybean update) is better than a VZW GS3.

I came from a VZW Galaxy Note 2 BTW.

6. djspy

djspy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    ^^ I was on the fence about doing an FDR but based on what you said I'm gonna go ahead and do it. Nothing to loose and a smoother running phone to gain. Be right back!

7. djspy

djspy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Did you do the FDR from the recovery menu (and did you do it once or 3 times?) Or from settings > privacy ?

8. GoCliffGo05

Ratings:
    +335
    Lol why do it three times?? I always do it from the recovery menu. No idea if it's true or not but it seems more thorough to me.

9. djspy

djspy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    I used to Flash ROMS on my OG Droid and it was always recommended to wipe cache and data 3 times.

10. GoCliffGo05

Ratings:
    +335
    Won't hurt anything, it's just extra precaution. When i flash I wipe before installing the ROM and right after, even that seems excessive to me. But to each his/her own. :thumbup:

11. Spydaz

Spydaz Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I did it from the menu. Its basically all the same I believe. I've done it from recovery only if I was flashing a ROM over a different ROM etc. If its all stock I wouldn't worry. Did it once.

12. vikingjunior

vikingjunior New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I returned my iphone 5 for a Motorola Droid and couldn't be happier so yes I think the Motorola Droid line is being overlooked it's amazing how word of mouth and advertising can trick people.

13. niXerKG

niXerKG Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I know people know about it but they might not really care about it.

I remember the original RAZR everyone liked it until they were on their 3rd or 4th one because it simply broke to easily so when they relaunched the RAZR brand a lot of people didn't even want to hear about it. Then the whole Maxx and everything started to gain a lot of good attention and word of mouth because of the battery life.

Then factor in how VZW has tons of phones with DROID in it, a lot of people who don't really read up on things might assume a lot of the stuff is all the same and might not dig deeper.

All I know is when I whip out my phone people are surprised that it's a Motorola and that I don't have an S3 or something. Also they notice I don't need to charge my phone as often as they do.

14. djspy

djspy Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Well, I did the FDR last night. It's a little bit smoother and it fixed the problem I had with the keyboard when I switched to Spanish. The only redraw happening on the home screen is with the circles widget. Oddly, I didn't have to set it up after the FDR. It already had my hometown listed. I have also noticed better battery life and its showing more available RAM under the running apps. I'm glad I did the FDR.

15. 2001400ex

2001400ex Member

Ratings:
    +4
    What does the fdr do? Just wipe cache? Or delete apps where you have to reinstall? Basically, do you have to back anything up and restore them?