Is it just me?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by AceDROID, Mar 30, 2011.

1. AceDROID

AceDROID Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So, I noticed these couple of issues on 5.1 and they seemed to have not been corrected in 5.2.. and I was just wondering if anyone else has these issues.

The first is that when on a call, the 3G icon doesn't disappear. Minor, I know, but still.

And second, after a phone call (of at least 1-3 minutes) after hanging up, data does not reconnect right away like it had on stock and even bugless beast.

If you're wondering, I wiped cache and data 3 times coming from bugless 6.2.2 or whatever it was, and had the issue on SS 5.1, and thought it was a bug that was patched in 5.2, but unfortunately I am still experiencing them.

Any thoughts? Insights? Anyone else share these small annoyances? Other than that so far 5.2 is running a lot smoother than 5.1 ran.. I hope it continues to stay that way!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. rmart88

rmart88 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    im pretty sure these were cleared up in 5.2.... i dont see the '3G not reconnecting' issue. Havent noticed if the icon goes a way or not. Ok, you wiped thoroughly, but did you restore ANY data after booting up? I've, and many others found that this introduces a few bugs, new and from previous ROMS.

I'd suggest doing a nandroid backup, wiping, flashing SS 5.2, dont restore ANYTHING, and try making a call. If this solves your issues, then you have your culprit: bad data

GOOD LUCK!!

3. AceDROID

AceDROID Member

Ratings:
    +1
    thanks.. I think I'll do that at some point today. I'm gonna install the patch update as well and see if that helps any. I'm hoping it will. I didn't really restore anything, just whatever was in my downloads in the market app reinstalled. We'll see I guess.

4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    The 3G not coming back after a call - seems hit and miss with most folks but it is GB related - the icon not going away when a call is started - I don't think that was listed as a bug at any point, so it was not remediated ... I'll add it to the list now however!

5. AceDROID

AceDROID Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks chevy! Loving the rom other than those too small slight annoyances haha. I'll get off a call then go to use an app that's data (kike comcstrip facebook or twitter) and it says could not connect. Fortunately its a GB issue and not a SS issue. And that icon not disappearing is a small bug but I know you'll get that fixed! Keep up the good work Chevy

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

3g goes away when making a call