Is it just me, or does gingerbread suck?

sginn24

Reaction score
I meant iphone. The keyboard sucks!

Sent from my DROID2

RobClay18838

Reaction score
My Og Droid is runnin like butter on 2.3.5. And I like the features gb has aswell

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

BrettRossJ

Reaction score
I have no quams about my Droid 2. The Motorola is a solid piece of equipment. Gingerbread has rendered the phone as a last option as opposed to a go-to. Really lame. I'll try the factory reset and try back.

...oh, scratch that. I don't have 4 hours to go through this process. (backing up the entire SD card and setting up the gmail and other mail programs again, etc. It will probably make more sense to downgrade to Froyo. Anyone had success with that?

Last edited:
OP
J

jman8526

Reaction score
Factory reset won't bring you back to Froyo. Download EZsbf. That'll set you straight. Just flash Froyo with it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

teanpa

Reaction score
Does the browser and applications force close as well?

Edit: Whoops. This was meant to be a reply.

Reaction score
GB resets all the time on my phone, but it's back in a few seconds, nothing I can really complain about. I think gingerbread is faster anyways.

OP
J

jman8526

Reaction score
GB resets all the time on my phone, but it's back in a few seconds, nothing I can really complain about. I think gingerbread is faster anyways.

That's essentially my problem.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
MIUI> Gingerbread. Zero hot reboots out of nowhere like I was getting on Gingerbread, better battery life, smoother operation.

OP
J

jman8526

Reaction score
OP here.

So, for anyone with similar issues, I'm going to list my current problems with Gingerbread:

Constant rebooting, mainly when docking/undocking/putting phone on charger
Some app lag, especially with notifications
Random light flashes (Little light pops when making call, turning on/off phone, docking)
Random disconnection of bluetooth (very rare)
Keyboard freezes when using punctuation (SOLVED: Verizon guy says clear cache of Keyboard under Settings: Applications: ALL APPS: Keyboard)
When using search, keyboard freezes while typing query, though it catches up if you continue typing

Reaction score
Had issues when the download came, but I just had to replace my phone because of another issue. The replacement phone that Verizon sent me is running perfectly. It runs a lot smoother than my first D2 ran when I first got it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums