Is it fast? ZOMFG.... yeah.

deantemple

Reaction score
Installed UD tech release, OC'd to 1.3 ran quadrant and hit 2363. Nasty!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Ubermicro13

Reaction score
You can't judge a ROM by a single quadrant score. And its for the reason that you probably can't reproduce that result. If you run it after restarting I bet you will get a totally different result. Try it and you will see what I mean.

One time I ran quadrant when I set my CPU to 700MHz and I got over 3000 quadrant. Its simply unreliable.

OP
D

deantemple

Reaction score
Done it a few times now and been pretty consistant between 2300-2600. I've always found quadrant to stay pretty consistant with my other roms too.

kmusmc

Reaction score
What rom should I try, I'm new to this, just rooted my phone

jmart8684

Reaction score
Quadrants are kind of overrated. I'm assuming UD has stagefreight enabled, which will give much higher scores w/ quadrant (I've gotten 1000+ higher with it enabled compared to being disabled), but doesn't have a much different effect with how the phone runs. On the other side, RubiX has tweaks to the system, and making it run faster and smoother, but get a scores of 600-800

OP
D

deantemple

Reaction score
Sorry to offend you all.... do you have a suggestion on a better way to compare speeds between roms then?

JRobzilla

Reaction score
Sorry to offend you all.... do you have a suggestion on a better way to compare speeds between roms then?

I don't think anyone is offended, it's just that since things like the build prop can be tweaked to create very high quadrant scores they are just hard to accept for how a rom truly performs for the user. Rubix, for instance yields low scores but is incredibly snappy.

jonwgee

Reaction score

How fast do your apps open? And there's more to a ROM than speed. Reliablilty, Stability, Extra Features, Theme-ability... Memory Management

OP
D

deantemple

Reaction score
So basically I should just eyeball it then? Lol. On most roms with a stable overclock app opwn pretty much instantly. I want to look at something that shows data on how fast it's actually running.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's a quadrant? Lol. People still go by that?

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

I guess so...I got a score of 950 w/ RubiX 1.93 @ 1200mhz..My phone seems pretty damn snappy and responsive, but I guess not cause of the quadrant...:icon_rolleyes: lol

That's exactly why quadrant useless. I was running stock 2.2 OTA running benchmark scores running between 1600-1700. As soon as I did my own tweaking and I installed a ROM I was running 800's. But my phone runs quicker than it ever has.

I don't need numbers to tell me how quick my phone is. I'm the user, think I know best. JMHO:)

DThomp

Reaction score
Drod said that 1.89 / 1.93 would score right about there on those roms.