Is iCrap's display better than droids?? by how much

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
My X is better than my wife 3GS....IMHO.

ffej89

Reaction score
I think the display's on the X, Inc., and the Evo are all great. Heck i have the Evo and i still stop in to check out the others whenever i pass a Verizon store. On the other hand the iphlop 4 has an amazing display, that i cant take from them. Now has anyone checked out the new Galaxy. I think its display is a closer comparison for the ip4. Just my opinion

eliassami5

Reaction score
the iphone 4's screen is good but not that mind blowing..my coworker has had a 3gs for years and just got the iphone 4 when it came out and when i asked him what he thought about the screen he told me he didnt rly notice a big difference. I compared a picture on my droid and his iphone but his brightness was turned all the way down while mine was on auto so i could barely see his screen. Although its a great screen i dont see the need to have such a high resolution when the human eye cant tell the difference.

John.Edwards

Reaction score
The both the droid's screen and the iphone 4 screens are much better than the older iphones. I don't think there is that much of a noticeable difference comparing the iphone 4 to droid - there is a difference, but it is very slight, and not enough to really matter IMO.

OP
NYZ93

NYZ93

Reaction score
verizon needs a phone with

Size of droid but thinner
3.7 inch screen
Front Facing camera
IP4's display
Android OS
1.5Ghz Processor
and
No motoblur

sc4fpse

Reaction score
Went to an Apple store with my brother last week to get a warranty repair on his iPod Touch (screen crapped out). While I was there, I put my Droid up next to an iPhone 4. In all fairness, I guess I'm never a real perfectionist when it comes to displays, but in my opinion, my Droid's screen looked just as crisp and clean as the iPhone 4's screen. I think some people make a big deal out of nothing...

wingsabr

Reaction score
Went to an Apple store with my brother last week to get a warranty repair on his iPod Touch (screen crapped out). While I was there, I put my Droid up next to an iPhone 4. In all fairness, I guess I'm never a real perfectionist when it comes to displays, but in my opinion, my Droid's screen looked just as crisp and clean as the iPhone 4's screen. I think some people make a big deal out of nothing...
agree on this. the original droid has the same res as the X and Evo, but it's .6 inches smaller which means more PPI. I immediately noticed a huge difference when I first got my droid vs. my 3GS and side to side with an iP4, I can't see a discernable difference.

Reaction score
I'm putting on my fire retardant pants and shirt in prep for the flaming I'm gonna get here, but why are we all hating on the iPhone here. I make jabs too so I'm not innocent, but I have been thinking recently.... Who really cares, the fruit company supplies a target audience just as google does. Both have their pros and cons (personally I like Android WAY better) but overall one without the other would create a stagnant growth in innovative ideas. Competition drives the smart-phone industry, and without Apple most of these devices would be running Blackberry and/or Winmo. And who really has anything good to say about those?

edit: And to answer the question the phone display is better, but not noticeably so in daily use or cursory glances....only when actually trying to see the difference. I compared with my friend (who loves his iP4), and I think the fruit company actually did make a product that is comparable/better tthan android 2.1.....but still not really on par software wise with 2.2 (my opinion).

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is iCrap's display better than droids?? by how much
Check it out in person and assess for yourself. You can compare specs all day but they don't give you the whole picture.

Although its a great screen i dont see the need to have such a high resolution when the human eye cant tell the difference.
I think some people make a big deal out of nothing...
It's entirely possible that it's a YMMV issue as well. We certainly don't all have the same eyesight. It's not inconceivable that different people's eyes perceive things differently and where you don't see a difference someone else might.

Then again, it could just be Apple's Kool Aid. I haven't seen the thing in person yet.

I'm putting on my fire retardant pants and shirt in prep for the flaming I'm gonna get here, but why are we all hating on the iPhone here.
Every camp has fanboys, the Droid (and Android) included.

That, and a lot of people derive their personal worth and identity from the products that they buy.

I'm actually surprised I clicked on the thread with the childish name-calling in the subject. Usually that's a bad sign IMO.

Last edited: