Is iCrap's display better than droids?? by how much

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by NYZ93, Jul 19, 2010.

1. NYZ93

NYZ93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Title says it all

2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    My X is better than my wife 3GS....IMHO.

3. ffej89

ffej89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the display's on the X, Inc., and the Evo are all great. Heck i have the Evo and i still stop in to check out the others whenever i pass a Verizon store. On the other hand the iphlop 4 has an amazing display, that i cant take from them. Now has anyone checked out the new Galaxy. I think its display is a closer comparison for the ip4. Just my opinion

4. eliassami5

eliassami5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the iphone 4's screen is good but not that mind blowing..my coworker has had a 3gs for years and just got the iphone 4 when it came out and when i asked him what he thought about the screen he told me he didnt rly notice a big difference. I compared a picture on my droid and his iphone but his brightness was turned all the way down while mine was on auto so i could barely see his screen. Although its a great screen i dont see the need to have such a high resolution when the human eye cant tell the difference.

5. captdroid

captdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Regardless it's still Icrap lol dancedroid

6. John.Edwards

John.Edwards Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The both the droid's screen and the iphone 4 screens are much better than the older iphones. I don't think there is that much of a noticeable difference comparing the iphone 4 to droid - there is a difference, but it is very slight, and not enough to really matter IMO.

7. NYZ93

NYZ93 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    verizon needs a phone with

Size of droid but thinner
    3.7 inch screen
    Front Facing camera
    IP4's display
    Android OS
    1.5Ghz Processor
    and
    No motoblur

8. sc4fpse

sc4fpse Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Went to an Apple store with my brother last week to get a warranty repair on his iPod Touch (screen crapped out). While I was there, I put my Droid up next to an iPhone 4. In all fairness, I guess I'm never a real perfectionist when it comes to displays, but in my opinion, my Droid's screen looked just as crisp and clean as the iPhone 4's screen. I think some people make a big deal out of nothing...

9. wingsabr

wingsabr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    agree on this. the original droid has the same res as the X and Evo, but it's .6 inches smaller which means more PPI. I immediately noticed a huge difference when I first got my droid vs. my 3GS and side to side with an iP4, I can't see a discernable difference.

10. JonDenver'sCopilot

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm putting on my fire retardant pants and shirt in prep for the flaming I'm gonna get here, but why are we all hating on the iPhone here. I make jabs too so I'm not innocent, but I have been thinking recently.... Who really cares, the fruit company supplies a target audience just as google does. Both have their pros and cons (personally I like Android WAY better) but overall one without the other would create a stagnant growth in innovative ideas. Competition drives the smart-phone industry, and without Apple most of these devices would be running Blackberry and/or Winmo. And who really has anything good to say about those?

edit: And to answer the question the phone display is better, but not noticeably so in daily use or cursory glances....only when actually trying to see the difference. I compared with my friend (who loves his iP4), and I think the fruit company actually did make a product that is comparable/better tthan android 2.1.....but still not really on par software wise with 2.2 (my opinion).

#10 JonDenver'sCopilot, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  11. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Check it out in person and assess for yourself. You can compare specs all day but they don't give you the whole picture.

It's entirely possible that it's a YMMV issue as well. We certainly don't all have the same eyesight. It's not inconceivable that different people's eyes perceive things differently and where you don't see a difference someone else might.

Then again, it could just be Apple's Kool Aid. I haven't seen the thing in person yet.

Every camp has fanboys, the Droid (and Android) included.

That, and a lot of people derive their personal worth and identity from the products that they buy.

I'm actually surprised I clicked on the thread with the childish name-calling in the subject. Usually that's a bad sign IMO.

#11 takeshi, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  12. cpjr

cpjr Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Really, how'd they manage that? Its only been out since last summer :icon_eek: