1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Is Droid 2G getting Gingerbread 2.3?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by jrosser, Dec 28, 2010.

1. jrosser

jrosser New Member

sorry if this was posted.. i coulnd't find anything.. i am in the market to get a new D2G (changing form Incredible).. from what i can see it is shipping with 2.2.. not sure if that has changed since the release.. but is there an OTA update or a release available for rooted phones?
  2. mrmattch3w

mrmattch3w New Member

OTA release hopefully by february from what i hear. i don't think its too tough for rooted users to do it. i don't recall reading anything about gingerbread and the D2G on this forum
  3. tebower

tebower New Member

Not a good idea to flash any new ROM on this device, with the locked bootloader. Many devices have been bricked, and we don't have the sbf to restore it. Sounds like one may be available next week though, after testing. Oh, and there are no GB roms for this device, anyway.