is dolphin browser safe?

ashenfang

Reaction score
I just found this through the market place. It offers some nice features over the stock browser, but my main concern is if its secure. I like to check online banking and such. Any overall opinions on this software?

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been using it for a while now. I just make sure it doesn't save passwords, and i always clear cookies and caches (do this on stock browser as well....)

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Dolphin is a good browser. I used it for nearly two months with no issues. Xscope and Dolphin are probably the best two stock alternatives out there.

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
I have used dolphin in the past. So far I haven't had any issues. I like Xscope browser myself. You may want to give it a try. It is in the market. Seems to be faster than dolphin.

deputc26

Reaction score
Yes it is safe, browsing on android is probably safer than on any desktop.

darreno1

Reaction score
I have yet to find anything close to Dolphin's speed. I think it's as safe as any other browser. Xscope is nice but it uses too much caching for my liking and the free version has issues with saving files, but it's not a bad browser overall.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have yet to find anything close to Dolphin's speed.

If you do the speed tests xScope is faster:icon_ banana::icon_ devil: and if there are any problems the developer is VERY QUICK to address and fix them (he has a thread here in the forums, updates very soon after any problem is reported).

To the OP, any browser is equally safe as the default browser. As to what that means varies depending on your views of the issue. But both Dolphin and xScope performs FAR better than the default browser.

darreno1

Reaction score
I have yet to find anything close to Dolphin's speed.

If you do the speed tests xScope is faster:icon_ banana::icon_ devil: and if there are any problems the developer is VERY QUICK to address and fix them (he has a thread here in the forums, updates very soon after any problem is reported).

Sorry but my realworld experience > speed tests. I browse mostly and download every so often. I had both running for about a month. I finally removed xscope because Dolphin was more reliable and quicker from page to page. I've seen the xcope developer thread here and I'm sure he's helpful but Dolphin does everything xcope does and adds a little more on top for free. I will be making a little contribution to Dophin's dev as well. One thing xscope had over dolphin that I liked was the complete full screen view but Dolphin can do that now and I like how it handles tabs.