is dolphin browser safe?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by ashenfang, Mar 8, 2010.

1. ashenfang

ashenfang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just found this through the market place. It offers some nice features over the stock browser, but my main concern is if its secure. I like to check online banking and such. Any overall opinions on this software?

2. sherri

sherri Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I have been using it for a while now. I just make sure it doesn't save passwords, and i always clear cookies and caches (do this on stock browser as well....)

3. nerdbox08

nerdbox08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dolphin is a good browser. I used it for nearly two months with no issues. Xscope and Dolphin are probably the best two stock alternatives out there.

4. jigsawkilr

jigsawkilr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have used dolphin in the past. So far I haven't had any issues. I like Xscope browser myself. You may want to give it a try. It is in the market. Seems to be faster than dolphin.

5. deputc26

deputc26 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes it is safe, browsing on android is probably safer than on any desktop.

6. darreno1

darreno1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have yet to find anything close to Dolphin's speed. I think it's as safe as any other browser. Xscope is nice but it uses too much caching for my liking and the free version has issues with saving files, but it's not a bad browser overall.

7. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    If you do the speed tests xScope is faster:icon_ banana::icon_ devil: and if there are any problems the developer is VERY QUICK to address and fix them (he has a thread here in the forums, updates very soon after any problem is reported).

To the OP, any browser is equally safe as the default browser. As to what that means varies depending on your views of the issue. But both Dolphin and xScope performs FAR better than the default browser.

8. darreno1

darreno1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry but my realworld experience > speed tests. I browse mostly and download every so often. I had both running for about a month. I finally removed xscope because Dolphin was more reliable and quicker from page to page. I've seen the xcope developer thread here and I'm sure he's helpful but Dolphin does everything xcope does and adds a little more on top for free. I will be making a little contribution to Dophin's dev as well. One thing xscope had over dolphin that I liked was the complete full screen view but Dolphin can do that now and I like how it handles tabs.

Search tags for this page
dolphin browser is it safe
dolphin browser safe
dolphin browser safety
how safe is dolphin browser
is dolphin browser hd safe

is dolphin browser safe

is dolphin browser safe to use
is dolphin browser secure
is dolphin web browser safe
is the dolphin browser safe