Is CM7 for Gingerbread or Froyo?

havens1515

Reaction score
Just started getting texts from Twitter again. I put in a ticket with their support after I posted here, so maybe they fixed it.

Goatastic

Reaction score
Battery has been iffy... some people have had great battery life, others not so much. I've had a little of both myself. It'll be interesting to see what you guys experience.

My personal experience with the battery life was lackluster. Sitting idle overnite it drops 30% over 8 hours which isn't terrible but I only see a 10-20% drop on Liberty GBv0.8. I am assuming this come from the issues I hear about with the droid overclocker app.

Liberated Goat V 0.8

OP
tattedupboy

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Just started getting texts from Twitter again. I put in a ticket with their support after I posted here, so maybe they fixed it.

So have I. Bombarded actaully. At least it's working again, and nice to know it's not the ROM.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Cstryon

Reaction score
Battery has been iffy... some people have had great battery life, others not so much. I've had a little of both myself. It'll be interesting to see what you guys experience.

My personal experience with the battery life was lackluster. Sitting idle overnite it drops 30% over 8 hours which isn't terrible but I only see a 10-20% drop on Liberty GBv0.8. I am assuming this come from the issues I hear about with the droid overclocker app.

Liberated Goat V 0.8

Which overclocker app? I'm using droid 2 overclock by jrummy, is this the app you're taking about?
Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

havens1515

Reaction score

So have I. Bombarded actaully. At least it's working again, and nice to know it's not the ROM.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I actually got a response from Twitter:
"We've been experiencing issues communicating with Verizon regarding our SMS service, and as a result you may experience some delay in being able to send and receive SMS messages to us. Our engineers are aware of this problem and are working on a solution. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We appreciate your patience as we problem-solve!"

The ticket is still "In Progress" so it may be a while before it's 100%.

lizard

Reaction score
I was under the impression that you can't sbf backwards. So if on gingerbread you can't sbf back to froyo(something about mismatched kernal). I am froyo with the ota that came out between froyo and gingerbread, and rooted with Squidly 2.3.20.2. I am wanting to try CM7 real bad, I'm trying to read up now to make sure I do it right. Only rom I've had so far, just wanting to change up after months of running a very good rom.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, you can SBF no matter what version you are on. Its actually the best way to get back to Froyo from GB.

SSX v2.0

andrewqueen

Reaction score
You can always use the all in one installer to get from gingerbread to froyo without sbfing, that's what I did and I know a few others, if you read the cyanogem mod 2 forum instructions are on around page 63

Droid 2 CM7 - build 25

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can always use the all in one installer to get from gingerbread to froyo without sbfing, that's what I did and I know a few others, if you read the cyanogem mod 2 forum instructions are on around page 63

Droid 2 CM7 - build 25

That's what I was thinking. The X has a prep zip you can use, but I knew there was a way for the D2.

SSX v2.0

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
All in one rocks. Of course you can sbf back.

CM74D2 (I can't put this thing down!)

lizard

Reaction score
I've always been fine with sbf and rooting. My quandry is knowing if I need monster gb release, or can I just sbf to stock froyo 2.2.1? I have copies of rooted and unrooted versions of 2.3.2, odexed or deodexed. I can sbf directly to rooted(odexed or deodexed) 2.3.2, presumably, with the file I have. This version was the ota between froyo and gingerbread. Can I flash the latest version of CM7 over this sbf? I don't want to install monster gb leak unless necessary. Hope I'm not being too thick skulled.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You need to be on 2.2.1. Then root and install Droid 2 bootstrap.

SSX v2.0

lizard

Reaction score
You need to be on 2.2.1. Then root and install Droid 2 bootstrap.

SSX v2.0

Thanks all for the help. I'll be flashing this rom soon, probably on my next couple nights off work. Still need to do some reading up yet on bugs and stuff.