is CM 10.1 better than stock? is it worth the trouble?

jwilly216

Reaction score
Stock gs3 is pretty damn good so I'm wondering if it's worth it to root and flash CM. Is it really any better than stock touchwiz?

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Its all in what u like, and rooting is painless
except that rooting and ROM'ing will cause you to loose any app data that you currently have, which could be a pain for alot of people. I too have been considering rooting because i just enjoy playing with things, but there is so much on this phone that i don't want to lose.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can use apps like titanium back and my bank up pro.. Carbon back up.. There's some others.. But you can use this apps to back your data and app data.. So when you flash roms you can restore it simple enough

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
You can use apps like titanium back and my bank up pro.. Carbon back up.. There's some others.. But you can use this apps to back your data and app data.. So when you flash roms you can restore it simple enough
From my understanding those programs can only be used after I have rooted the first time, which will erase the data. So in the future I won't lose the data when going between roms, but i will lose it this time. Am I mistaken in that?

WillisD

Reaction score
Rooting itself does not make you lose your data, flashing a custom ROM does, so you backup apps and data before the custom ROM. Make a backup of your current setup, and you can always go back to just plain rooted

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
Rooting itself does not make you lose your data, flashing a custom ROM does, so you backup apps and data before the custom ROM. Make a backup of your current setup, and you can always go back to just plain rooted
Well isnt that something. That has been my hangup. Looks like I will have to reevaluate my decision. Thanks.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Once everything is downloaded, which shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes, it'll be less than 5 minutes till you're up and running again. It's a very simple process that we shouldn't have to go through...we should just have that sort of access. But there are tons of apps with "root" settings that make them function so much smoother.