Is chrome beta slightly faster after the update today?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It was actually updated yesterday, but yes they inproved it. Along with speed you can request the full website (similar to the ics browser). But the update was nice and basically chrome is now my primary browser again.

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Seems to be faster from what I can tell. I need to use it a bit more thoroughly though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

billyk

Reaction score
Besides bookmark syncing, does Chrome on the GNex offer any other significant advantages?

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I noticed the speed of page loading was faster, yesterday too. I use this for my browser unless I gotta see some Flash.

billyk, as noted, the page load time is faster. There is also Chrome to Phone (if you are using Chrome as a browser on your computer) and incognito browsing. Not sure if there are other add ons from Labs but expect we will see some.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
still isn't as fast as the stock browser. i wonder why? this is google's own browser on their own android OS....

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
Besides bookmark syncing, does Chrome on the GNex offer any other significant advantages?

it works a better when posting on forums. the pointer doesn't jump around as much, easier to correct mistakes. other than that, no.

billyk

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys.

I think I'll sit tight with the stock browser until Chrome out-performs it. I don't use sync'd bookmarks, but a faster browser experience is always welcomed.

nleksan

Reaction score
Question... Is there anyway to transfer Firefox bookmarks to the stock browser, or even to the mobile Chrome browser? I don't use Chrome on my PC's (except for changing DD-WRT settings on my routers/repeater-bridges), as I just love Firefox and my apps too much to change. Unfortunately, Firefox for Android still sucks, so using that app is out of the question! But, it would be really nice to be able to bookmark a page on my phone and then *whoosh* be reading it on my PC. Most apps I have tried have not worked well, if at all, so I am at a loss?