Is Chrome any better than the stock web browser?

rastaman_

Reaction score
Don't mean to de-rail but has anyone tried FireFox for Android yet?

OP
GSdub510

GSdub510

Reaction score
I have found the stock browser to be perfectly fine but people say in reviews how Chrome is the best without backing it up. Am I missing something?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have found the stock browser to be perfectly fine but people say in reviews how Chrome is the best without backing it up. Am I missing something?
There are those folks that will say anything Google puts out is better than anything else...I guess that is normal in an Android world. I guess the best judge of any app is what works well for you. Some will say that nothing beats Dolphin. So, pick the one that fits your usage needs best. Maybe it will be Chrome...it's a person preference.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
jpcalhoun said:
There are those folks that will say anything Google puts out is better than anything else...I guess that is normal in an Android world. I guess the best judge of any app is what works well for you. Some will say that nothing beats Dolphin. So, pick the one that fits your usage needs best. Maybe it will be Chrome...it's a person preference.

I was a faithful dolphin user. The first app i downloaded on every device i ever get. But ics stock browser has dethroned it, i deleted dolphin after using the stock browser for a few days. And unless chrome can promise me better performance, i will stay with stock for a long time.

okcthunderfan

Reaction score
I was a faithful dolphin user. The first app i downloaded on every device i ever get. But ics stock browser has dethroned it, i deleted dolphin after using the stock browser for a few days. And unless chrome can promise me better performance, i will stay with stock for a long time.

Sounds like me. I've been a faithful Dolphin user for a while, but I'm really liking this stock ICS browser. The one thing that kept me with Dolphin was the slide to access bookmarks, but that has been addressed in the stock browser with quick controls. It seems a little faster than Dolphin to me, and I think the text looks better, too. I've been trying Chrome, but so far I think it's just so-so. My biggest complaint is that it's slow to load the bookmark page. Also, if anyone knows a quicker way to access the bookmarks than hitting menu->bookmarks I would love to hear it. I don't know why they didn't include something like quick controls in Chrome.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

R3DBAND

Reaction score
If you use chrome as a default browser on your pc its a lot better, you can sync both devices and you could be browsing droid forums on your pc then when you need to leave the house it will be on your android chrome browser for convenience, I like it a lot!

Vaclov

Reaction score
The lack of an easy way to access my history on Chrome was an issue with me. A google search turned up that I could visit "chrome:\\history" (minus the quotes) and it would take me to the history page. I added it to my bookmarks so it'd be much faster for me to get to.

cece5702

Reaction score
Snce the ICS update, the stock browser is much faster and works perfect for me!!!!!!:)

Scott0719

Reaction score
I haven't used the stock browser in ics yet. I always used dolphin and I do prefer that over chrome. The only thing I like about chrome is it imports my bookmarks from my computer. Other than that I just find it difficult to navigate for some reason.

Exalted911

Reaction score
I installed chrome and its very good, but chrome does not have any flash support so if flash is a must for you I suggest sticking with the stock browser or download dolphin.

WestOkid

Reaction score
I haven't used the stock browser in ics yet. I always used dolphin and I do prefer that over chrome. The only thing I like about chrome is it imports my bookmarks from my computer. Other than that I just find it difficult to navigate for some reason.

The new stock browser also imports bookmarks. Chrome has better tab support and navigation with swiping and more. If you surf the web on your phone Chrome (no flash) or Dolphin (flash) will be better for you. If you simply go to the Web to look at something and then exit; like I do. Then the stock browser should be enough. why add software to the phone.

BTW. don't decide based on flash. That is rapidly dying technology. Google, Apple, Microsoft even Adobe has abandoned it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wcjeep

Reaction score
Use chrome for the easy bookmark sync to the PC.