Is Charging Battery All Night Bad?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard the same things when i had my RazR. They told me its "smart" and shuts it off when its fully charged. Same thing with my laptop. But i found that "they" were wrong. The charger still did something because my batteries stop holding more than a 1 charge. A guy told me that they might claim to stop but that they really didn't. He also told me that it would still get the battery hotter than resting and any heat was a big no no.

Fact: You can't overcharge the Droids Battery
Fact: You don't have to completely discharge the battery to recharge it.

Now Sam, please close this thread.:) Why somebody brought this back up is beyond me.

jbernard703

Reaction score
I heard the same things when i had my RazR. They told me its "smart" and shuts it off when its fully charged. Same thing with my laptop. But i found that "they" were wrong. The charger still did something because my batteries stop holding more than a 1 charge. A guy told me that they might claim to stop but that they really didn't. He also told me that it would still get the battery hotter than resting and any heat was a big no no.

Now Sam, please close this thread.:) Why somebody brought this back up is beyond me.

Ok. If you say so. Let's revisit this after everyone has had their phones for more than a few months.

S

SlapNuts

Ok. If you say so. Let's revisit this after everyone has had their phones for more than a few months.

Bump for revisit. How are the batteries doing?

asmallchild

Reaction score
I charge mine constantly. Granted I use this phone more than I ever used any phone but I also feel its power consumption is pretty large too.

Even if it taxes the battery, small price to pay to always have power.

I'll just simply replace the battery.

Awesome phone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I put my phone on the charger every night, regardless what I have left for a charge. Always have, with smart phones and non smart phones. Never run into an issue personally.