Is BD's section locked down indefinitely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Ok Everyone, Be nice in here please so this thread may continue.
Name Calling, Asking for things that don't belong in here are not acceptable.

Some of you need to clean up your Sigs or we will remove them and
restrict you from being able to make one.

I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS !!!
I'd prefer those that I am talking about,
do this on their own. Please, we do not want any problems on DF, we have
had enough disruption of the forum these past few days. All that is being done
here is hurting the community as a whole.

You know who you are, please fix this on your own !!!

Thank You In Advance.

dustyewebb

Reaction score
I apologize to the people who's thread got deleted because of one persons thread being included. This needed to be done so we could properly clean up the thread, not because of censorship. We're trying to avoid another flaming thread. Thank you for your understanding in advance.

Understood.:) Thanks for keeping the peace.

KingTee

Reaction score
i cannot believe no one (you know who you are) can give us any insight. Going to bed. Hopefully this is taken care of by morning. Blackdroid has done GREAT things for this forum. WAY more than anyone else has. right wrong or indifferent its a FACT

just wondering what these "Great" things are, care to elaborate for me and every one else?

I just think giving credit where credit is due is what sparked this entire debacle

-=Jason=-

Forgive them for they know not what they speak lol.

Reaction score
gonna get this thread locked too if not careful :(
nah, so far we are keeping things civil and just discussing are own opinions on it without attacking the other person :)
This is all ridiculous. We are all arguing over FREE software. The only people suffering here are those of us who enjoy moding our phones and cant get any information because no one can behave like grown adults. Please just let it go.
i am not trying to argue, somebody asked a question and i gave my opinion. i know that blackdroid does ALOT and works HARD at what he does, i've used his rom before and enjoyed it while i used it and i love his theme and wish i could get it on other roms.

i am in no way saying that blackdroid is a terrible guy or anything.

Im sure you weren't. Im just sayin im not a developer. I dont care about all the bashing and what not. It seems to me that "we" meaning me and all the other nondeveloping types who enjoy nothing more than playing around with our phones are the ones caught in this crossfire. It seems kinda petty to me. Thats all. In the end i dont see what the big deal is because no one is actually getting paid. If i prefer to drive a chevy so be it. They never tell you at a chevy dealership that henry ford created the automobile do they? But isnt a chevy just a ford with a different decal? Thats just how the world works. Some brilliant person comes up with a great idea. Then someone else comes along and "tweaks" it and makes it a little better. That progression. Thats how it works. IMO

i can agree with you on that, and i am not a developer either, but we do end up caught in the crossfire sometimes, and you are right they aren't getting paid but people do donate to them (which isnt part of it though), i think the bigger issue like somebody else already said is that some of these guys have been around for a while and when they see that there hard work is being used in somebodies elses rom and aren't getting any credit for it they look at it as somebody stealing there work.

just my two cents.

Edit: @Jim, if our signature wasn't acceptable you'd let those people know correct?

T

TheMarkness

This is all ridiculous. We are all arguing over FREE software. The only people suffering here are those of us who enjoy moding our phones and cant get any information because no one can behave like grown adults. Please just let it go.
i am not trying to argue, somebody asked a question and i gave my opinion. i know that blackdroid does ALOT and works HARD at what he does, i've used his rom before and enjoyed it while i used it and i love his theme and wish i could get it on other roms.

i am in no way saying that blackdroid is a terrible guy or anything.

Im sure you weren't. Im just sayin im not a developer. I dont care about all the bashing and what not. It seems to me that "we" meaning me and all the other nondeveloping types who enjoy nothing more than playing around with our phones are the ones caught in this crossfire. It seems kinda petty to me. Thats all. In the end i dont see what the big deal is because no one is actually getting paid. If i prefer to drive a chevy so be it. They never tell you at a chevy dealership that henry ford created the automobile do they? But isnt a chevy just a ford with a different decal? Thats just how the world works. Some brilliant person comes up with a great idea. Then someone else comes along and "tweaks" it and makes it a little better. That progression. Thats how it works. IMO

So taking donations on someone else work is okay then?

I am a developer and I don't take kindly to people taking work as their own whether it's open source or not (this has happened to me before). It's really a problem when your given no recognition or credit and the other person on top of that ask for donations for "his" sweat and tears.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some of us just happened to like the ROM. Bottom line for me.
Had nothing to do with sources and what not for me.

I myself can understand all sides and don't know enough about what's gone on to comment nor do I want to know.

I just hope it gets resolved properly... whatever that may be.

Meanwhile, I wish this somber feeling in the forums would stop and it'd be fun again :)

KingTee

Reaction score

I myself can understand all sides and don't know enough about what's gone on to comment nor do I want to know.

Meanwhile, I wish this somber feeling in the forums would stop and it'd be fun again :)

It's probably not going to because there are a lot of people who feel that this isn't being handled fairly by the admins, and that's a shame.

Reaction score

Wanna drink to that with me? :)

Reaction score
So, basically the section was closed because of flooding from those supporting a ROM of a different color...the reason for the flooding was the perception that credit was not given where credit was due.

It seems that opinions regarding this get pruned fast...so hopefully I'm allowed to state my concern that BlackDroid has now been the center of massive drama on two occasions...

dustyewebb

Reaction score

For sure:icon_ banana:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Edit: @Jim, if our signature wasn't acceptable you'd let those people know correct?

I do not want to point fingers right now,
those who's sig is not acceptable knows who they are,
as they have modified it recently to reflect current events here on DF.

I Don't want to get into a PM war either.
I am only asking nicely, To Clean up Sigs,

NeverEndingXsin, Yours is ok !

hairdewx

Reaction score
Credit is a big deal when it comes to ROM making. People just take it for granted that these guys are supposed to make or phones better and not get credit for it. A lot of blood sweat and tears are put into this and a lot of arguing if you have a Girlfriend lol.

I just don't understand why credit is more important than the cause.

Ryan57ford

Reaction score
Moderators and censorship? Yeah, I have heard that one before...as a mod for a photo site, I get accused of the same thing. I have to give the mods here some kudos, I know what it's like. There is nothing worse then members who spam, flame, post content that is against the ToU and RoE (Rules of Etiquette) and then, when they get in trouble, they ask "What did I do that was so bad?" Over where I moderate, we just straight up ban for repeated offenses. There is a warning, and then if it's done again, they get the boot. We have a team of 8 admins on a site with nearly 40,000 members and 1,000,000 images, so managing that has it's moments. As a mod, I don't have time for adults that act like children, and post things to cause trouble. I have to applaud the mods/site owners here for restricting/forbidding posts on politics, or religion, the site I am on doesn't do that (the site's owner insists on having an "open" forum) Every day, we are moving, and or closing threads on religion or politics, because after about 3rd or 4th post, they turn into flame wars, and name calling festivals. It takes away from what the site is about, and opens the door to massive trolling.

So, you want to accuse mods of censorship? Not censorship, it's called "enforcing the rules".

You dont have to quote enforcing the rules, unless of course your implying they are not "enforcing the rules" lol

Reaction score

I do not want to point fingers right now,
those who's sig is not acceptable knows who they are,
as they have modified it recently to reflect current events here on DF.

I Don't want to get into a PM war either.
I am only asking nicely, To Clean up Sigs,

NeverEndingXsin, Yours is ok !
okay :) thats all i really wanted to know, thanks for clearing that up/

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

We staying small time and doing a 12-pack or big time with a 30 rack? :beer2:

Status
Not open for further replies.