Is BD's section locked down indefinitely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent42o

Reaction score

bizzshow

Reaction score
Well I think its about time for me to bow out of this before I get a thread locked. I will just leave with this comin courtesy

dodgersrgood

Reaction score
hey sam, think anything is gonna happen with it tonight? im getting tired.. :sleep:

kingofsting

Reaction score
And cyanogenmod is built from Android. This is the beauty of Open Source -- you take other peoples work and make it better, then pass it on to others to do the same. If it weren't for this dynamic, Linux would not exist.

KOS
+1 this is very true, like i said before all the rom developers help eachother out in one way or another

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/37691-apache-license.html

"The Apache Software Foundation and the Free Software Foundation (FSF) agree that the Apache License 2.0 is a free software licence, compatible with version 3 of the GNU General Public License (GPL)"

"The Linux kernel is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL)"

KillerBug

Reaction score
Ok, I seem to have missed something. What is going on?

I sure hope it's not the kids that run this message board taking anything down.... Not long ago they were suspending guys for saying they didn't get the update yet.
You'd be surprised how old some of us "kids" are. I have grown children. And, nobody got suspended for simply saying they didn't get the update.

You might want to check with one of your pals because yes at least one guy did. Not suspended, just a 1 week time out.... which is a punishment.....

pretty lame. censorship is not a benefit for a board unless there is profanity threats.

mod edit: censorship happens when we ask you not to talk about politics or religion, which you just did.

He didn't say anything remotely related to politics or religion (unless you cound fascism as politics). This is insane...he just released a new rom full of bugs, and people need help with it...so you kill the most popular part of the entire forum to prevent people from getting help?

Gah...when I came here, I was told that the moderators were not mindless children or overbearing nazi-wanna-be jerks. Clearly these were both lies.

Oh, and when you ban me for stating the truth, don't consider it a punishment...I am not coming back anyway.

hunter9604

Reaction score
scream or cry, don't know yet...

I have read so much in the past 12 hours, and I don't feel like I have gotten anywhere in my head, so this is how I feel...
I should go to bed and just give up because there's so much nothing in my head, or just curl up on the floor and silently cry...
LOL I know this sounds silly, but in all seriousness, I WANT BD V10... and don't know how to get it...
My scenario...
NOOB...Moto Droid.. OTA 2.1 unrooted...
Rooted my mom's Droid, and a friends Droid, and replaced their roms, one was smoked glass 1.?? and 6.?? and the other was something or another....

How do I get BD v10, the easiest, shortest, least headache (ibuprofen 800mg on standby) way, someone point me in the right direction, or is that left, up, down? I'm not sure anymore,

kingofsting

Reaction score

Err, I don't think this is any type of legal suit, one side's claim is an offer of appreciation, not a request for financial compensation, considering the size of the android community, the depth of development, and the amount of other developers involved, I would assume a note of recognition might be an honerable thing to do.

Most Open Source software developers take the license very seriously, especially the GPL. This has nothing to do with legal battles, but the guarantee that their work will remain free and open for others to use and won't get locked down and closed by a commercial venture or other proprietary reasons.

What the Open Source (Apache) software license means to us is that we are free to use and change it. No one really owns the code. Any of us has the right to take the Android/CynagenMod/Ultimate Droid Code, modify it, repackage it, and post it for others. It is public domain.

KOS

koush

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I have read so much in the past 12 hours, and I don't feel like I have gotten anywhere in my head, so this is how I feel...
I should go to bed and just give up because there's so much nothing in my head, or just curl up on the floor and silently cry...
LOL I know this sounds silly, but in all seriousness, I WANT BD V10... and don't know how to get it...
My scenario...
Rooted my mom's Droid, and a friends Droid, and replaced their roms, one was smoked glass 1.?? and 6.?? and the other was something or another....

How do I get BD v10, the easiest, shortest, least headache (ibuprofen 800mg on standby) way, someone point me in the right direction, or is that left, up, down? I'm not sure anymore,

Download it using ROM Manager. 2 click install.

Reaction score
+1 this is very true, like i said before all the rom developers help eachother out in one way or another

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-forum/37691-apache-license.html

"The Apache Software Foundation and the Free Software Foundation (FSF) agree that the Apache License 2.0 is a free software licence, compatible with version 3 of the GNU General Public License (GPL)"

"The Linux kernel is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL)"

Apache License This is a link, not a statement.

hunter9604

Reaction score
My scenario...

ok, NOOB should explain it all, ROM Manager, where do I get that? BD v10 is there? and I can install it from there, obtaining ROOT and have the ROM installed?

ska.t73

Reaction score
My scenario...

ok, NOOB should explain it all, ROM Manager, where do I get that? BD v10 is there? and I can install it from there, obtaining ROOT and have the ROM installed?

No you will need to get root back, you can do this by following these instructions...

2.1 SP Recovery SBF - DroidMod

kingofsting

Reaction score

No, your droid needs to be rooted to use ROM Manager

Do a google search for Drodmod. Install that, then follow the prompts to ROOT your droid. Once your droid is rooted, you can either follow the instructions in the Blackdroid forum to install UD 10 or pay for and install ROM Manager from the Market and install UD 10 from there.

KOS

agent42o

Reaction score
My scenario...

There's a ton of info on getting your phone rooted, depending on version, you can get the rom manager from the market.

I am curious why you would want to install a rom when, at this current moment, the dev can't respond to questions.

It's not my phone, but I would wait until the dev could respond and every thread discussing the topic didn't get locked, to install it.

Just my thoughts.

hunter9604

Reaction score
completely lost, I've got that page saved several times through several forums, but it's got me stumped, HOW exactly do I 'flash' it? sooooo lost :(

hunter9604

Reaction score

There's a ton of info on getting your phone rooted, depending on version, you can get the rom manager from the market.

I am curious why you would want to install a rom when, at this current moment, the dev can't respond to questions.

It's not my phone, but I would wait until the dev could respond and every thread discussing the topic didn't get locked, to install it.

Just my thoughts.
ok then, maybe I should wait to see what happens, however, when it's back up and running, and thing's are good again, I know that I want BD on my phone, hours of research, and days of looking at other ROMS, on the net that is, I've just made my decision on BD, however, since I've done the OTA update to 2.1, the process on reverting to 2.0.1 and then loading the 2.1 w/ root is perplexing me, confused to say the least, so, I'm lost, reading on and on and on, all saying the same thing, but in Chinese to this brain of mine. 2.0.1 was easy to root and then do whatever it is you wanted, then I made the mistake of doing the OTA 2.1 update.... now with all the reading, and the complexity of rooting again has got me in a tiffy, OMG, what to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.